Ronksley family history

Hi,

I am researching this family tree for a friend and am searching for the father of Arthur Ronksley B-17 Jun 1920, D-Sep 1998. Most of the family come from either Bradfield or Sheffield. Would be mos grateful for any help. I have reached a dead end.

Hi,

Using FreeBMD I looked for the birth registration of Arthur. It shows that his mothers

maiden name was Copley.

The only Ronksley/Copley marriage to come up was between James William Ronksley

and Clara Copley, registered in the June quarter of 1908.

1911 census - Cundy Houses, Wortley, Nr. Sheffield.

James William Ronksley, 39yrs, Farmer.

Clara Ronksley, 25yrs, Farmer.

Edith Ronksley, 2yrs. All born Wortley.

James William Ronksley, born 25 Apr 1871, bap 14 May1871 at Chapelry of Bolsterstone.

Parents, Henry and Susan of Cundy House, Wortley, farmer.

Thank you. I will start trying to resolve these people into the family. Everyone I have entered so far either was born in Bradfield of Sheffield, so this is not too far away.

I think Bradfield may come under the Wortley district. I knew a lady who had done extensive research on the Ronksley family. We met at the Sheffield Archives many years ago - she lived in Sheffield. I will have a think see if I can remember more info.

I have found her name and address if you send me an email I will let you have it.

Edited by smary

I went to school with Maurice & Robert Ronksley, the elder and I went to Highgreen school and left in 1955 he went on to work on the family farm, then moved to a farm near. The east coast the last time I so him was 26 years ago.