Which youth club did you go to?

I went to Docroft. Used to have 2p lollies and really good discos.

I used to go to Dobcroft too, in the late '70's! Discos were once a month on Sundays, yep they were good, I loved it there :)

There was a 'Freak room' too for the metal lovers, Afghan coats etc...

Happy days!

Does anyone remember Handsworth Youth Club behind the church? Built 1967 and we called it Scene 67. They had a good disco on a Friday night

Looking for your thoughts and memories of the first youth club you attended.

lindsay youth club in early 90's

I went to Lindsay Youth club late 50s early 60s. Was a great place.

On 21/12/2010 at 09:46, mrs brady said:

Heyyyy brought back a few memories this thread.

I was a punk in the 80,s and I went to Dobcroft religiously , also Dore now and again , and last but not least I never used to miss the disco's @ Toltey Youth club .

I remember Dobcroft used to play Doctor Who theme at the end of every night.

Anyone remember Derek Doman ? Is he still alive even .

Happy Days :D

Derek Doman sadly died at the beginning of this year. I've got some photos of a fancy dress disco night from 1983. If anyone wants them, then you can PM me.

I went to Lindsay youth club in the mid 70's.

St Columbus Youth Club Crosspool Norman Beatson ran it, and Rev Jockel came during my time there, Janet Flood, Lyn Simpson, Janet Marsden, Dog Robson, Doug Mountain, Trevor Hoskins, Syd Oxley to name several attendees at the club.

4 hours ago, withitowl said:

St Columbus Youth Club Crosspool Norman Beatson ran it, and Rev Jockel came during my time there, Janet Flood, Lyn Simpson, Janet Marsden, Dog Robson, Doug Mountain, Trevor Hoskins, Syd Oxley to name several attendees at the club.

Mick George was there also. Janet Flood went out with Dave White who played lead guitar in the Raiders who were on stage Saturday nights with me on Rhythm guitar. Every other Saturday night featured Joe Cocker as Vance Arnold and the Avengers.  Dog Robson moved to America.  Saw John Ridgeway a few years with his wife Janet Emery as was.  Martin Simpson (Lyn's brother) played bass guitar with the Raiders.  Those were the days.

On 21/11/2006 at 15:33, mickr said:

I went to the Emmanuel Youth Club on Leeds road in Attercliffe - played for their football team also. Circa 1959 to 1962. Anyone else?

Hi I also went to Emmanuel . With graysons Harry strutt dick bates. Hugh was the club leader. Played footie table tennis snooker as well. Great place.

Any one go to ZION Church Attercliffe youth club 1960 - 1968?

Fond memories of Brunswick Trinity youth club in the 60's !