Denby St Nursery

I was there in 1939; The head teacher was Miss Powys (?sp) and one of the teachers was Jen Packer MBE, my aunt, who later became a primary school head teacher herself at (I think) Broomhill. I remember afternoon naps in little camp beds with red blankets. Lovely folk in the kitchen and grand teachers.

I was there in 1939; The head teacher was Miss Powys (?sp) and one of the teachers was Jen Packer MBE, my aunt, who later became a primary school head teacher herself at (I think) Broomhill. I remember afternoon naps in little camp beds with red blankets. Lovely folk in the kitchen and grand teachers.

That's all I recall about the place! It was 70 years ago, however!

The beds were possibly ex war dept because they looked like something out of 'It ain't half hot Mum!'

echo.

Thanks for raising that memory .. I wasn't sure .. but I do vaguely recall having naps on what I think were fold up canvas beds ? so yes it must have been Denby street...I guess for me.. it would be around 1950.

going to look for the class photo today...

HI I went to Denby st nursery in1935 and I can still remember the lady who was the teacher a Mrs chapman and my mother and I used to walk from our house in Eyre st and sometimes we would be picked up after school by a friend of ours a Jack Law who had a funeral business' in a Rolls Royce . I visited Denby st some years ago and it was still there but derelict.

HI I went to Denby st nursery in1935 and I can still remember the lady who was the teacher a Mrs chapman and my mother and I used to walk from our house in Eyre st and sometimes we would be picked up after school by a friend of ours a Jack Law who had a funeral business' in a Rolls Royce . I visited Denby st some years ago and it was still there but derelict.

Does anyone have any class photos from 78/81? Would love to see them in was in Mrs days side as I recall

On 01/01/2018 at 15:22, tracey1233 said:

Does anyone have any class photos from 78/81? Would love to see them in was in Mrs days side as I recall

Has anyone found any class photos?

On 01/01/2018 at 15:22, tracey1233 said:

Has anyone managed to find any class photos. Would be fab to see them?