Can Billy Sharp score goals in the Championship

Formally known as donkey at Birmingham ,but we will see hope not

---------- Post added 09-09-2017 at 21:47 ----------

As for the people who was telling me that Donaldson was a donkey not fit

I hope he plays like that every game fit or not ,only worry is hope he's not got a bad injury anyone know any info?

Edited by lien1

Fact?

Well, it's more of an opinion.

I don't feel Donaldson is too bad of a signing to be honest, good big forward, who has plenty of experience at this level.

Far from a marquee signing though

I know, he only scored two on his debut and had their keeper fingertip his header over the bar, not good enough! :hihi:

Donaldson's total goal scoring record is one to be admired at whatever level

Yesterdays goals proved age is not a barrier for getting on the scoresheet

I thought he was acquired to feed Billy, two well taken goals well done and an exellent win

Tweaked his hamstring apparently, which sounds ominous. Not sure if omitting from Bolton game and having him on subs bench against Naarich will make a difference. Hope physios make right decision. Could do with him against s6.

---------- Post added 10-09-2017 at 08:09 ----------

Donaldson's total goal scoring record is one to be admired at whatever level

Yesterdays goals proved age is not a barrier for getting on the scoresheet

I thought he was acquired to feed Billy, two well taken goals well done and an exellent win

Well Billy played him in for the first, although he was probably looking for the return. Great through ball from Brooks for the second.

Question marks against his long term fitness was probably a deciding factor in Arry being willing to let him go,Wilder thinks it's worth taking the chance on him,and it showed why yesterday.

Fully expected him to be missing games,but maybe not so soon,so it looks like he will have to be wrapped in cotton wool from time to time,at least until the January window.

Before the season started I was talking to a friend who is a Millers fan and he said the blades will be straight back down

I pointed out to him that our style of play would produce goals in the champoinship 15+ for Sharp and 10+ for Evans and 10+ for Clark besides midfielders scoring and now we have Donaldson who averages a goal every 3 to 4 games(on his past record) plus a 20yrs old who may get 10+ but provides for the 4 that I have mentioned

I have not spoken to my Millers fan since but he did say I was very confident

I still am but Billy will be the leading scorer

Going off thread now,but in the near future,we need to replace both Billy and his main co striker,they are not going to go on forever.We need to scout 2 good young forwards who have a future,either from home or abroad,and the owners need to bite the bullet and make 5M available to spend,we get 2 or 3 good seasons from them and sell at a profit.This area is our most pressing need at the moment,and we need to back Wilder who will be well aware of it and show we are a club who are forward thinking,not how we have operated pre-Wilder.

Before the season started I was talking to a friend who is a Millers fan and he said the blades will be straight back down

I pointed out to him that our style of play would produce goals in the champoinship 15+ for Sharp and 10+ for Evans and 10+ for Clark besides midfielders scoring and now we have Donaldson who averages a goal every 3 to 4 games(on his past record) plus a 20yrs old who may get 10+ but provides for the 4 that I have mentioned

I have not spoken to my Millers fan since but he did say I was very confident

I still am but Billy will be the leading scorer

Clark will not get 10 goals.

My opinion is cheds not fit ,out of practice,looks lost hope he can pull things round but can't see it

My opinion is cheds not fit ,out of practice,looks lost hope he can pull things round but can't see it
No opinion needed. Wilder has stated he's carrying an injury.

I think he's pulled defences around reasonably well when he's come on, but nowhere near 100% fit and capable.

The problem with ched is that we judge him when he had that fantastic season with us before he went away for a while,I'm afraid I don't think that will ever happen again think united should have forgotten about him all together,same for our other 2 strikers Clarke n what's is name big lump from Bradford

I still believe that the Evans deal was done and dusted before Wilder was manager, the club should have moved on and left him in its past.