Which pc upgrade?

Cheers for that

The ram is

OCZ Gold Edition PC2-8500 DDR2 Memory 1066MHz CL5 2.1V

I seems its not on the support list, not sure if thats a deal breaker, it always seems to have worked fine though.

try the OCZ on it's own, see if it works, if the speed reports properly, if it does, then it's not compatible with the other ram at full speed, if not, then it's likely the board support - (I had an issue with some OCZ about 6 or 7 years ago)

if it doesn't work - you could try setting manually like I said before...

Im not sure what you mean by try the OCZ on its own?

My current ram is ocz and Ill be buying some exact same ocz to fill up the extra two slots matey.

Just try changing it in the bios. If it fails to boot, change it back, you won't damage it so long as you don't start playing with voltage.

Interestingly though, Although my ram is rated at 1066 (pc8500) its only actually running at 800mhz

Would anyone be able to tell me why?

Id like to use the full potential of the ram but cant understand why it seems to be essentially under clocked?

As others have said it could be down to the BIOS or the RAM not being on the compatibility list and unsupported at that speed. You could download the manual as that may help but it also states that the MB has a tuning utility called EasyTune & M.I.T which is designed for overclocking.

TBH I would not worry about it as its not that much out and adding extra memory will noticeably speed it up anyway when you go 64bit.

Sent a PM about memory as I have 2 x 2GB DDR 2 1066 going spare.

Edited by apelike

As others have said it could be down to the BIOS or the RAM not being on the compatibility list and unsupported at that speed. You could download the manual as that may help but it also states that the MB has a tuning utility called EasyTune & M.I.T which is designed for overclocking.

TBH I would not worry about it as its not that much out and adding extra memory will noticeably speed it up anyway when you go 64bit.

Sent a PM about memory as I have 2 x 2GB DDR 2 1066 going spare.

Cheers for the pm.

I look forward to getting the ram. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

---------- Post added 07-09-2017 at 22:52 ----------

Just try changing it in the bios. If it fails to boot, change it back, you won't damage it so long as you don't start playing with voltage.

Thanks matey.

Did what you said and now the ram is running at its correct speed.

It was a pain to figure out but its all running nice now

~Thanks again :-)