Friends with benefits

I am fed up of being single but I don't want commitment this because I am still trying to find myself. I am currently a student studying for my masters so I am looking to kick start my career and would like to go travelling at some point. I am not saying relationships can’t work if you wont those things I just don’t think it would be fair on the other half. Has anyone had friends for benefits, where they have easily remained friends afterwards maybe due to having found someone they want commitment with? Is having friends for benefits easier than having a partner or is it more complicated?

I find myself in despair as I want intimacy but not the commitment as I am not ready for it unless of course it naturally happens.

I am fed up of being single but I don't want commitment this because I am still trying to find myself. I am currently a student studying for my masters so I am looking to kick start my career and would like to go travelling at some point. I am not saying relationships can’t work if you wont those things I just don’t think it would be fair on the other half. Has anyone had friends for benefits, where they have easily remained friends afterwards maybe due to having found someone they want commitment with? Is having friends for benefits easier than having a partner or is it more complicated?

I find myself in despair as I want intimacy but not the commitment as I am not ready for it unless of course it naturally happens.

I guess there are many that will tell you they're mature and confident to be able to handle a friends with benefits relationship (usually just to get in the pants of the other) but in reality they'll go all wobbly after a couple of weeks.

All you can do is be upfront. How the other side handles it is their problem.

Daft sod...................

Friends with Benefits never works the way people want it to. One side invariably develops feelings for the other and then wants more than just the sex. When the other side doesn't want that then the system breaks down.

Could you not buy a battery-powered friend?

Not really much intimacy there, is there? Besides, I'm sure she's got that side of things taken care of. ;)

I say just try it out. Make sure you both know where you stand, have fun until one of you inevitably starts getting jealous and/or developing feelings and accept that it might be hard to remain friends afterwards. For this reason don't try it with someone you'd regret losing a friendship with.

Not really much intimacy there, is there? Besides, I'm sure she's got that side of things taken care of. ;)

I say just try it out. Make sure you both know where you stand, have fun until one of you inevitably starts getting jealous and/or developing feelings and accept that it might be hard to remain friends afterwards. For this reason don't try it with someone you'd regret losing a friendship with.

How confounding can it be to shift from a platonic relationship to a sexual one. Are friends for ebenfits where there are no string arrnagam,ents in other words you and the person you are sleeping wih are both free to pursue relationships with other people. Is the arrnagament friends with ebenfits purely a physcial one rather than companionship and intiamacy? I have heard some women like to keep the best male friends and the people they sleep with separate. For me the benefit is being able to have sex with someone you know, rather than a stranger. The disadvantage is it could be the end of the friendship. Plus, it may keep you from finding a real relationship, because I may be too comfortable to look. How do you get out of a sexual relationship with a friend without losing the friend? Is it better to set parameters for the friends for benefits relationship ahead of time, or just let things develop on their own?

Daft sod...................

At least have the courtesy of explaining why you think so.

How confounding can it be to shift from a platonic relationship to a sexual one. Are friends for ebenfits where there are no string arrnagam,ents in other words you and the person you are sleeping wih are both free to pursue relationships with other people. Is the arrnagament friends with ebenfits purely a physcial one rather than companionship and intiamacy? I have heard some women like to keep the best male friends and the people they sleep with separate. For me the benefit is being able to have sex with someone you know, rather than a stranger. The disadvantage is it could be the end of the friendship. Plus, it may keep you from finding a real relationship, because I may be too comfortable to look. How do you get out of a sexual relationship with a friend without losing the friend? Is it better to set parameters for the friends for benefits relationship ahead of time, or just let things develop on their own?

Without doubt otherwise you're holding back on information...in other words you are controlling rather than sharing.

You're over thinking it. If you sleep with a friend you might lose them as a friend (you will if they aren't in your main circle of friends ) as and when it goes pear shaped. So either take a chance and be prepared for the fallout or sleep around. But from your last post you don't just want sex you want the intamacy which sounds like a proper relationship. Your average student would think so.

You're over thinking it. If you sleep with a friend you might lose them as a friend (you will if they aren't in your main circle of friends ) as and when it goes pear shaped. So either take a chance and be prepared for the fallout or sleep around. But from your last post you don't just want sex you want the intamacy which sounds like a proper relationship. Your average student would think so.

Sex between friends with benefits is more recurring and affectionate than that of a one-night stand. And I feel it offers the advantages of caring friendship and sexual enjoyment without the emotional turmoil and commitment associated with romantic love. Or could I be wrong as I have never tested the water!

Sex between friends with benefits is more recurring and affectionate than that of a one-night stand. And I feel it offers the advantages of caring friendship and sexual enjoyment without the emotional turmoil and commitment associated with romantic love

Very true!