Pubs in that show 'Premier Sports' TV?

anyone know of a pub in the city that screens premier sports tv? in all likelihood, it'll be an Irish pub.

it's a bit of an obscure sports channel - they show a lot of Gaelic sports and boxing, so someone must have it! they have just bought the rights to show conference football

I'm an AFC Wimbledon fan living in exile up here, and a couple of our games are on over the next month, and it would be nice to go and watch them in a pub!

you can only subscribe to it with sky, and we have virgin, so buying the channel isn't an option.

Crikey, I'd like to know too.

I'm a Crawley Town FC (we're playing you lot on Thursday), and I'd like to see it too!

haha! nice - wasn't expecting to meet a crawley fan on here!

no joy at all. hate watching on my computer, so missed out completely. which turns out wasnt a bad thing.

i'll keep looking and let you know if i find somewhere... had the cremona mentioned at work.. anyone know if they are a likely candidate?

it's a bit of an obscure sports channel - they show a lot of Gaelic sports and boxing, so someone must have it! they have just bought the rights to show conference football

First I have heard of this. Is it just Conference national they are showing, or are they covering north/south as well?

they are just showing the national at the minute, and picking and choosing their matches. their concept is screening minority sport with fanatical fan bases, and with a few well supported clubs in the north and south leagues, chelmsford etc, who knows, they might start to show a few.

that said, i doubt they will last - they are leftovers from setanta sports....

Edited by moke

Have you tried the Common Room on Division Street ?

Is it an additional subscription or is included with a sports package? If it's an additional subscription (like ESPN) I doubt any pubs will have it as they have to pay lots more than a residential user would and no offence intended but I can't see an AFC Wimbledon game bringing in sufficient crowds for them to get a return on the investment! :)

it is a seperate channel. and indeed, i am aware that licensing for public broadcast is a different beast to domestic subscription.

i very seriously doubt that any pubs will have bought the channel to show conference games (though a few of us clubs get higher crowds than some of the teams that your mighty wednesday are reduced to playing against these days.. ;)).

the rest of the channels output is ozzy and irish sports - which have a very different appeal for the right pub in the right place. as a south londoner, it wouldn't be hard to find a pub back home catering the large number of irish and australian locals - i wondered if there was anywhere in sheffield that *might* have the same going on.... and might welcome at least two extra drinkers....

it is a seperate channel. and indeed, i am aware that licensing for public broadcast is a different beast to domestic subscription.

i very seriously doubt that any pubs will have bought the channel to show conference games (though a few of us clubs get higher crowds than some of the teams that your mighty wednesday are reduced to playing against these days.. ;)).

the rest of the channels output is ozzy and irish sports - which have a very different appeal for the right pub in the right place. as a south londoner, it wouldn't be hard to find a pub back home catering the large number of irish and australian locals - i wondered if there was anywhere in sheffield that *might* have the same going on.... and might welcome at least two extra drinkers....

The only place I can think of would be Walkabout, they have some bizarre sporting channels on (although why I'm trying to help you after the Wednesday comment, I don't know!).

haha! nice - wasn't expecting to meet a crawley fan on here!

Shouldn't be expecting to meet a Crawley fan ANYWHERE. We're a select few, but that may change Chelski style.

Last time I watched Crawley on the box, it was in Southampton, alone in a pub (I had to ask specially and I was the only one watching) and we lost to FGR. Happy times.

Maybe if we tell a pub that both the South Yorks branches of Crawley Town FC and Wimbledon AFC are looking to watch the game at their place they may buy the sub just for us?

Shame you can't just pay for the one game - didn't Setanta used to do super short subs for that purpose?

The only place I can think of would be Walkabout, they have some bizarre sporting channels on (although why I'm trying to help you after the Wednesday comment, I don't know!).

hmmm, might be worth a look - i had dismissed the walkabout without really thinking....

and re: wednesday - i'm only teasing, and you started it! ;)

darkhorse - i think the minimum subscription is for three months domestically, so i can only assume the same will apply commercially!

there's a few of us wombles about the place - we scatter everywhere. think your the first crawley fan i've bumped into outside of football anywhere though! i'd be in too much shock after the turn in fortunes you've had over the last few seasons to use the internet!

I'd give the Byron in Nether Edge a ring - if they've got the channel they'll show it, and i think they've got every channel going, sportswise. They can show more than one channel as well so it shouldn't matter if there's something big on at the same time