Waggon and Horses Millhouses

Whats it like? Any information would be appreciated.

It's blummin marvelous!!! My favourite ale house!

Good beer, great food, and top drawer staff!!

PS, I dont work there and am not trying to advertise it. It's my local and I love it to pieces!

So when you say local, is it a local place for local people. Are outsiders met with the sound of tumbleweed rolling across the floors.

Good ale? tell me more, what brands do they stock, and finally you mention the staff, are you sleeping with the boss.

Originally posted by EyeSpy

So when you say local, is it a local place for local people. Are outsiders met with the sound of tumbleweed rolling across the floors.

Good ale? tell me more, what brands do they stock, and finally you mention the staff, are you sleeping with the boss.

Err, no. But I do get on very well with them!

I think one day it used to be a bit like that but since it's refurb the the end of last year, the clientelle have changed somewhat and the atmosphere is tons better.

I'm a larger lout myself and enjoy stella artois mostly but they do have a good choice of real ales if that's what floats your boat. They have a good choice of wines also.

Does this help any?

I'm sure if you give it a try you'll see me there!

So is that a formal offer of a date.

I may come in and sample some of the fine ales you describe.

Have just returned from the Wagon and Horses at Millhouses where I had to send my meal back and ask for a refund. Ordered Veg chilli with rice and sour cream. Arrived but no sour cream - was told they didn't have any. It didn't look much like chilli to me and on tasting it my eyes had not deceived. It was simply a tin of chopped tomatoes with some bits of veg in it and a whole pile of chilli powder tipped in. No kidney beans, or any cooking of the chilli powder - whole thing was like something a student would sling together in desparation. No apology or asking why when I sent it back - just gave me my money. Why put it on the menu if it's too hard to make? Will NOT be returning. I reckon I could knock up a decent veg chilli for the £7 they were charging.:mad:

I had a bad meal from there last year, cold soggy veg, hard roast spuds, not nice!

Try the Robin Hood over the road, the food has always been good when i've been in.

Decent friendly locals pub.

Popular quiz on sunday and tuesday.

Good atmosphere and they try hard to make it work given the difficultys the pub industry is currently facing particularly as it is a pub co.

Whats it like? Any information would be appreciated.

It's pub selling crap food! Not that much else can be said about it!

think its gone downhill in the last year or so..

Our last meal there was really not very pleasant, which is a shame.

It's a nice enough pub, good to sit outside with the dog after a run in the park. But the food really is awful, i wouldn't bother eating there.