Race for life MEGATHREAD

Race for Life 2006  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Race for Life 2006

• Yes I will be running!
    • No I won't be running but have sponsored someone
    • Why are you bothering?

Any women oh here doing the RFL in May?

I was going to do it last year with my little girl but was appalled that there was a minimum amount of sponsorship you had to get before you could enter.

There was also an entry fee which I didn't object to paying so that admin costs didn't eat away at the money collected. Then you had to collect something like £30 each which is a lot of money for an adult to collect let alone a youngster .

I think that the organisers should be grateful of everbody's contribution however small.

I'm thinking of doing it this year, have never done one before & have only just started running so it'll give me something to work for.

I didn't know you had to get a minimum sponsorship - i agree that £30 will be hard, esp since you already have to pay £8.50 entry fee.

Are you still going to do it?

It was definitely the case last year so assume it will be this year.

Last I heard was that places were being taken up fast so better hurry and apply if you want to do it.

I have heard of this, but it is not something I am physically capable of doing at the moment - for one thing I need to lose some weight but more importantly I have rheumatoid arthritis that prevents me from doing high impact exercise - the last time I tried running (well jogging to be more accurate) I finished up with my ankles strappe up for 6 weeks.

However, I may be interesting in giving some support in the form of sponsorship. What charity does it go to? Is it the breast cancer one? Pm me and if you decide to do it and I will see if we can arrange to meet so that I could add to your sponsorship.

Originally posted by wendy

I have heard of this, but it is not something I am physically capable of doing at the moment - for one thing I need to lose some weight but more importantly I have rheumatoid arthritis that prevents me from doing high impact exercise - the last time I tried running (well jogging to be more accurate) I finished up with my ankles strappe up for 6 weeks.

However, I may be interesting in giving some support in the form of sponsorship. What charity does it go to? Is it the breast cancer one? Pm me and if you decide to do it and I will see if we can arrange to meet so that I could add to your sponsorship.

Wendy, the title Race for Life is a bit mis-leading as it's not really a race as such. Many people just walk around.

You can read more here

I’ve entered Race for Life, if anyone wants to sponsor me please visit:

http://www.justgiving.com/acn

Its a safe + secure site + the money goes direct to Cancer Research UK.

Go tell all your friends + family!

I am doing it as well, doubt i will be able to run all the way through but i am doing my best!

Hi Bookie,

i may have to walk a little bit too, but i'm looking forward to it - went running this evening + ran up a big hill, which surprised me, so i must be getting better!

Hope you enjoy the race, might see you there amongst the 5000 women!

-----------

Wendy - Thank you very much for your pledge, i really appreciate it :)

DB

Remember its on sunday - tomorrow! Come + watch!

Don Valley Stadium at 11am

My friends + i ran the Race for Life this morning, it was great fun + brilliant atmosphere!

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who sponsored us + who turned out to support us - the cheering helped a lot guys!

Thanks!

Well done, how much did manage to raise?

Hiya,

I'm not sure yet as the money is still coming in, but i think its over £120 at the moment. If you'd like to help raise money, we have a webpage set up to collect sponsorship - as well as paper forms, PM me if you want it - i don't know if i can post it on here.