Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Goodye to Wilder?

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Sport & Activities > Sheffield Football

Reply To Topic

02-04-2018, 22:39   #1
speedy69

Total Posts: 5,548
Could that be Wilders last game at the helm of United?

With him currently amongst the front runners for the WBA job and internal wrangling at the club this could be carrot that he needs to enhance his CV further.

Of course, he could be heading out of the frying pan and into the fire as WBA are looking odds on coming down, but the chance of getting increased funds to lead a promotion chance next season could turn his head.

What do you think?
_______
"So MASSIVE the Owls are the only club you can see from outer space"
02-04-2018, 22:50   #2
Padders

Total Posts: 9,972
Money talks speedy, its football.
02-04-2018, 22:51   #3
chalga

Total Posts: 6,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
Could that be Wilders last game at the helm of United?

With him currently amongst the front runners for the WBA job and internal wrangling at the club this could be carrot that he needs to enhance his CV further.

Of course, he could be heading out of the frying pan and into the fire as WBA are looking odds on coming down, but the chance of getting increased funds to lead a promotion chance next season could turn his head.

What do you think?
West Brom are skint and need to ship out loads of big earners,their squad needs a Sunderland style re boot,it's a huge job,let Michael Appleton do it,he will have to generate all funds by transferring out.
02-04-2018, 22:56   #4
speedy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalga View Post
West Brom are skint and need to ship out loads of big earners,their squad needs a Sunderland style re boot,it's a huge job,let Michael Appleton do it,he will have to generate all funds by transferring out.
Wilder has experience in doing this, they will have one good crack at promotion (while the parachutes are in place)
_______
02-04-2018, 23:00   #5
SomeNextGuy

Total Posts: 626
I'd say highly unlikely...
02-04-2018, 23:05   #6
chalga

Quote:
Wilder has experience in doing this, they will have one good crack at promotion (while the parachutes are in place)
He might do,but I doubt if they will appoint anybody before summer,Wilder will want to get his transfer kitty sorted here,if he doesn't like what he hears,he may well be tempted if approached.It's the right sized club for him and a logical step forward,if everything was fine behind the scenes,but it's not.
02-04-2018, 23:05   #7
speedy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeNextGuy View Post
I'd say highly unlikely...
Why so sure?

Wilder has already hinted that he's not happy with the current boardroom wrangling!
_______
02-04-2018, 23:07   #8
top4718

Total Posts: 10,595
I don't think he will as they look dead and buried with too few games to make a difference.

I do think that if the united board don't sort themselves out and give him the backing he deserves his head will be turned though.
02-04-2018, 23:10   #9
speedy69

Quote:
He might do,but I doubt if they will appoint anybody before summer,Wilder will want to get his transfer kitty sorted here,if he doesn't like what he hears,he may well be tempted if approached.It's the right sized club for him and a logical step forward,if everything was fine behind the scenes,but it's not.
I don't think things are rosy at the Lane at the moment. TBH, I think the move would probably be too early for him, he is still learning his trade at the Lane and at this level.
_______
02-04-2018, 23:11   #10
chalga

Quote:
I don't think things are rosy at the Lane at the moment. TBH, I think the move would probably be too early for him, he is still learning his trade at the Lane and at this level.
The job will go to SCHTEEEEVE.......you watch.
02-04-2018, 23:15   #11
top4718

I reckon the ginger Mourinho could get it short term.

If the boardroom wranglings at the lane go legal (which looks likely) it could take a long time to sort, I can't see CW hanging around for that to be resolved if it means no transfer money is forthcoming.
02-04-2018, 23:44   #12
chalga

Wilder can afford to wait and choose his job carefully,although he will want to move when his stock is high,so he will need to know he has a decent kitty this summer,but there will be plenty of jobs coming available,for instance,I would be watching Norwich,Stoke if they came down,even Derby if they choke again.
If Wilder does go,I wouldn't mind Ian Holloway to replace him.
03-04-2018, 10:44   #13
SomeNextGuy

Total Posts: 626
Quote:
Why so sure?

Wilder has already hinted that he's not happy with the current boardroom wrangling!
Because West Brom.
03-04-2018, 13:14   #14
Robbie Loving
Fat McLovin

Total Posts: 16,502
Send a message via MSN to Robbie Loving
To West Brom? Na.
Another team.... potentially
_______
It's just like watching the Blades :)
03-04-2018, 13:16   #15
scargill

Total Posts: 1,940
Quote:
Parachute payments will go along way to easing their troubles.
03-04-2018, 13:32   #16
Antone

Total Posts: 494
Quote:
I don't think things are rosy at the Lane at the moment.
If you and Top could just post this on every post you post about the Blades you'd save yourself a lot of bother writing all the other rubbish you come up with.
03-04-2018, 13:33   #17
chalga

Quote:
Originally Posted by scargill View Post
Parachute payments will go along way to easing their troubles.
Not unless they can unload players,because they will just spend those payments on wages.

---------- Post added 03-04-2018 at 12:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antone View Post
If you and Top could just post this on every post you post about the Blades you'd save yourself a lot of bother writing all the other rubbish you come up with.
I can't see what the problem is,one owner wants to buy out another owner,they are negotiating it as far as I can make out.
03-04-2018, 13:39   #18
top4718

Quote:
Not unless they can unload players,because they will just spend those payments on wages.

---------- Post added 03-04-2018 at 12:35 ----------

I can't see what the problem is,one owner wants to buy out another owner,they are negotiating it as far as I can make out.
Last I heard the negotiations had broken down and it looked like going legal (Rob Staton, Radio Sheffield) if that happens it won't happen overnight and who's gonna sanction transfers whilst it goes on.
03-04-2018, 13:58   #19
Antone

Total Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by top4718 View Post
Last I heard the negotiations had broken down and it looked like going legal
Any other details? All negotiations go legal at some point.
03-04-2018, 14:06   #20
chalga

Quote:
Originally Posted by top4718 View Post
Last I heard the negotiations had broken down and it looked like going legal (Rob Staton, Radio Sheffield) if that happens it won't happen overnight and who's gonna sanction transfers whilst it goes on.
The current owners I would have thought,McCabe has half the club,Prince has an option to buy,McCabe is not obliged to sell.Depends on what the legal position is and contracts I suppose,maybe Prince thinks he bought half the stadium for a pound as well?.......Prince has brought new people on to the board who Wilder may think is a threat,McCabe could have blocked that but he didn't,maybe he should have.
Reply To Topic