Good rate on Euro currency

I am going to Portugal in a few days and was wondering if anyone has bougt euros in the last few days and where the best rate was....???

:thumbsup:

The bureau de change next to M&S(Meadowhall ) on the ground floor is usually competitive.

Travelex - Airport.

The airport is always the worst exchange rate!

I now use the American Express shop in town (by the old Sugg sport) near the Cheese Grater. When I last changed Euro's it was offering 1.22 compared to the Post office's 1.16.

The airport is always the worst exchange rate!

I now use the American Express shop in town (by the old Sugg sport) near the Cheese Grater. When I last changed Euro's it was offering 1.22 compared to the Post office's 1.16.

Not really, when I went abroad this year I got a VIP rate with Thomas Cook because I booked with them, however checking at the airport it was a better rate.

Not really, when I went abroad this year I got a VIP rate with Thomas Cook because I booked with them, however checking at the airport it was a better rate.

That must have been an extraordinarily bad rate Thomas Cook gave you then. Travelex at the airport is always expensive; Travelex in advance via the Web is cheapest.

I was away only 2 weeks ago, as an example :-

Turkish Lira,

Amex shop 1.72

Hotel In Turkey 1.65

Airport (Manchester) 1.45

Several Local Exchanges (Turkey) 1.75

Marks and Spencers in Meadowhall are currently €1.21 to £1.00

The Amex shop is usually the best deal in Sheffield. But, if you dont get charged for using your debit card abroad it could be worth drawing money out when you get to destination airport.

you carnt beat these, next day delivery as well

125.5 if you use my link in post 4 i usually get mine from icici which is about 124.5 next day special delivery before 13.00

Edited by kidley

That must have been an extraordinarily bad rate Thomas Cook gave you then. Travelex at the airport is always expensive; Travelex in advance via the Web is cheapest.

Think it was 1.20 in May, Travelex was 1.24 IIRC.

Or something like that anyway.