La Dolce Vita Crosspool

The family are new to the trade and have been overwhelmed by the response.

We went last night and due to 'booking errors' went away for half an hour to make things easier. The food was faultless but I echo other posters who say there is a lack of side dishes and veg (even if it costs more) and we also had to ask for cutlery and napkins.

I class these as teething problems which experience will soon overcome.

I paid more to eat in Felicini last Sunday than in La Dolce Vita last night, the latter being a true italian restaurant run by a true italian lady!

Went again Sat evening just with my Wife this time.

Food very good once again - had Bresaola , breaded pork escalope in a pizzaiola sauce with potatoes and profiteroles. My wife had mushroom and cheese bruschetta , linguine di mare and then tiramisu.

Coffee and tea with complimentary limoncello and sambuca. £ 43. Great value .

Corkage was £ 2 .

Very busy (they turned a few people away who had not booked) but food came out promptly and was delicious.

The service is a little hiccupy (asking if we are ready to order when we had already ordered) but ever so keen and friendly so I can forgive them this as they are not a fine dining type of place.

I agree that they need to offer vegetables or sides as my main had no veg other than a few potatoes.

I do worry for them when it gets colder though , the frontage is almost all glass and the one door opens straight into the restaurant plus could not see any obvious radiators...? Wonder how it was in the winter when Villa Caruso? (I never went)

Not sure how they will overcome that without eating into their (already tight) floor space ?

They probably need the hardware store next door to come empty..then they would have room for an entrance area plus more tables.

Good food a little more veg would be better. I think its best to book because of it's size. We will definitely go back.

We tried this place last night. We eat out alot and I have to say this is the best pizza and pasta I've had in Sheffield. Definitely will be going back. Book in advance....we just about managed to get a table for two on a Tuesday night. The bill came to £21 for 2 including corkage for a bottle of wine - bargain!

Is it Nino's old place? I can't think where any new places are up there.

Will be eating here tomorrow night.... anyone been recently? Any recommended dishes?

I might go one day, like a good Italian... Last one I went to was the one above the Co Op in Hillsborough.

I think this is a great little restaurant, staff are really friendly and the food is great and good value for money.

The only thing that lets it down a bit is the service which can be hit and miss.

Go and try this authentic Italian restaurant and you will definitely be going back.

I must admit to being a bit apprehensive when a friend said they'd booked this place for a meal last night. I'd always assumed it was a typical suburban lasagne and spag bol type place. How wrong could I be! The food was simply outstanding and, as has been mentioned, really authentic. The atmosphere was pleasant and relaxed and the byo policy keeps the price down. 10/10