What's ASDA Chaucer like ?

For startes, i always get buzzed by the alarms!:rant: it is cheaper than that one in chap but kids are always stopping the escalators,the lift's creek and the staff keep u waiting and check ur bags every time u walk past a security officer.:help:

So which are you using? escalators or elevator, or just talking out your arse?

I have been every Saturday since it opened and never seen someones bag searched or heard alarms ringing, I dont doubt that it happens but for you to say it happens to you on every visit?

At the end of the day it's an Asda in S5 and your paying Asda prices, don't go expecting Harrods.

At ASDA Chaucer (with The Stay Dry Car Park) they are selling

100 gram slabs of chocolate for 30p.

I thought it would taste bad - but it was marvellous.

Are there any more ASDA Chaucer (with The Stay Dry Car Park)

terrific bargains that we should watch out for ?

Please list them for the benefit of all Forum members.

ASDA Chaucer (with The Stay Dry Car Park)

is open from 0900 to 2000 on Sundays.

(Until and including 09 September 2012.)

You look great in George.

ASDA Chaucer (with The Stay Dry Car Park)

is open from 0900 to 2000 on Sundays.

(Until and including 09 September 2012.)

You look great in George.

I think you can probably give it a rest now! :nono:

It's a shame this Asda wasn't bigger to give more choice.

My biggest problem I have with it is it seems to be out of stock of a lot of things on a regular basis. On one particular visit where there was an abundance of empty shelves instead of what I wanted, I saw a a guy all suited and booted and lo and behold he was the manager. I complained and he was less than helpful and didn't even extend an apology, which imo was poor customer service. Fortunately the other suited guy he was barking orders to was more understanding and apologetic at least, especially when I got round to the bread isle to find there was only 3 loaves left on the entire isle (this was afternoon not midnight btw!)

Don't get me wrong, there may be times when there are things out of stock in every supermarket, but Chaucer Rd is out of stock of lots of things -regularly. They really need to address their stock levels, as there is nothing more annoying than having to go to another supermarket to buy 4 or more items that were not in stock.

Fortunately their staffs customer service skills are not a reflection of their managers and I have always found them to be friendly and helpful which is in stark contrast to Morrisons, whos criteria for their staff recruitment seems to be a GCSE in sullen and rude.

The problem at chaucer is the restrictions on deliveries as its a built up area. They have a kerfew so dont get deliveries through the night like alot of other supermarkets do. I think they are limited to deliveries before 10pm or after 7.30am

After travelling up to Huddersfield with the wife to look at a car a couple of months back we entered Sheffield from the north end and as we were more or less driving past we decided to do some shopping at this place and didn't really have any major problems apart from parents letting infants push the trolley which happened to click the back of my heel but this is simply down to bad parenting if you ask me and happens anywhere not particularly Asda Chaucer, apart from that it was fine.

As mentioned, credit to the staff who seem to be happy in their jobs, extremely helpful and friendly. A few supermarkets around Sheffield could follow suit with the service this places offers, it's spot on.

I let my daughter push the trolley if we get one but I push it with her.. and sometimes she may occasionally push it a bit too far but it makes the shopping experience more fun for her and me as she enjoys it. Does this make me a bad parent????

The Stay Dry Car Park at ASDA Chaucer is absolutely fantastic

at keeping the car cool in the blistering heat of a Parson Cross Summer.

Customers are not wearing very much clothing either - they must be buying

some more from ASDA George.

The Stay Dry Car Park at ASDA Chaucer is absolutely fantastic

at keeping the car cool in the blistering heat of a Parson Cross Summer.

Customers are not wearing very much clothing either - they must be buying

some more from ASDA George.

It was funny a few days ago.