Bedroom on West St closing..

Soyo is good maybe you haven't been. They will undoubtedly go to Players and Steelhouse.....

I doubt Players will even let them in - they don't even let half decent folk in! A friend of mine got turned away for having a tattoo of his childs name ...

Soyo is supposed to be in difficulty too, how can they make a bar into flats though? The idea of a ground floor flat on West Street is horrific, unless they are for the deaf!

Soyo is supposed to be in difficulty too, how can they make a bar into flats though? The idea of a ground floor flat on West Street is horrific, unless they are for the deaf!

If Soyo is in trouble then god help every other bar in Sheffield! It's rammed whenever I go in!

How do you know if you've never been in??

The worst thing about Bedroom (ex Saddle) closing is that it has remained open for so long, one to avoid along with the Bankers Draft.

I worked across the road from it at WSL, so I saw the people that went in, and some of the things that happened....

If Soyo is in trouble then god help every other bar in Sheffield! It's rammed whenever I go in!

Most venues are struggling to some degree in the city centre... but Soyo really isn't one of them, I can tell you that!

No surprise at Bedroom going under tbh - either due to the fact its full of the scum of the earth, or due to the numerous incidents outside of there (I can think of at least 5 horrendous incidents alone in the last 6 months - that I witnessed, doubtless be mores.).

Of course, that now leaves the idiots to go elsewhere.

They should bring back the Saggill (The Saddle)!

Most venues are struggling to some degree in the city centre... but Soyo really isn't one of them, I can tell you that!

No surprise at Bedroom going under tbh - either due to the fact its full of the scum of the earth, or due to the numerous incidents outside of there (I can think of at least 5 horrendous incidents alone in the last 6 months - that I witnessed, doubtless be mores.).

Of course, that now leaves the idiots to go elsewhere.

Someone who worked there told me that there had been delays in paying wages/suppliers, always thought it was doing well myself too.

Someone who worked there told me that there had been delays in paying wages/suppliers, always thought it was doing well myself too.

A certain venue owner did once come out with the amazing line of "Its amazing what you can do if you don't pay staff for a few days...". After there'd been delays in paying staff, most of them good mates. I wasn't impressed to say the least. :loopy:

Might just mean that the owners are trying to restructure their finance set up, but..

A certain venue owner did once come out with the amazing line of "Its amazing what you can do if you don't pay staff for a few days...". After there'd been delays in paying staff, most of them good mates. I wasn't impressed to say the least. :loopy:

Might just mean that the owners are trying to restructure their finance set up, but..

Doubt it, as I have been informed that the PA system is going to another venue.

I DJ'd there for a number of years from back in 2006, when I first went in I changed the music policy and things were ok, 4 and a half years later things had deteriorated (mostly due to the door policy) so much that I decided to move to pastures new.

Sad to see it go but in reality it was inevitable.