Non halal curry house

Hi,

I own the Ashoka Indian Restaurant, Ecclesall Road, Sheffield. None of our chicken or lamb is halal.

If you need more information please email me - [email protected]

or visit our temporary website - http://www.ashoka1967.com to download a copy of our menu.

Regards

thank you for your post. could you please send me a copy of the menu via email as i seem to be having problems downloadi

My email is : [email protected]

Thank you.

Try Nirmal's on West Street. As far as I know it's the only Hindu run Indian restaurant in Sheffield so unlikely to serve Halal slaughtered meat.

Oh and there's a South Indian restaurant on Abbeydale Road, Tamil I think so unlikely to be halal although possibly vegetarian.

You could always go to an Islamic run restaurant and order off the vegetarian menu.

Oh and there's a South Indian restaurant on Abbeydale Road, Tamil I think so unlikely to be halal although possibly vegetarian.

This is the place Alastair is thinking of - East and West.

It doesn't appear to promise Halal meat and so it probably isn't. It is more of a cafe-style place but the food is terrific.

If you can help the OP with an answer to her question, feel free to post. Leave the discussion for elsewhere. Thanks.

It doesn't appear to promise Halal meat and so it probably isn't. It is more of a cafe-style place but the food is terrific.

I would definitely agree on this one!

a huge vote for ashoka here, always had great food from there- either eat-in or as take-away!!!

East and West on Abbeydale road DOES halal meat.

a huge vote for ashoka here, always had great food from there- either eat-in or as take-away!!!

Ashoka I've been there its on Ecclesall Road. It's very good I would recommend it too.

The best curry house in sheffield has got to be Mangala in the wicker. It's incredible

Ashoka I've been there its on Ecclesall Road. It's very good I would recommend it too.

Tiffin wallah - you expanding to Sheffield?!?!

The best curry house in sheffield has got to be Mangala in the wicker. It's incredible

Whatever the merits of the Mangala - its almost certainly has halal meat in its dishes...