Anyone remember the Smugglers Cave cafe on Middlewood Road in the 60s

What if I asked if you had seen Mick Riley recently?

Not for about 5 years !

Not for about 5 years !

I thought you would twig for certain last time!!

Well Ive seen Jonny Hartshorne and Allan Watson not too long ago!!

Surely this time - put it all together and think about it!

Barry Broadley died a couple of weeks ago sad to say.

I thought you would twig for certain last time!!

Well Ive seen Jonny Hartshorne and Allan Watson not too long ago!!

Surely this time - put it all together and think about it!

Barry Broadley died a couple of weeks ago sad to say.

YOUR EARLIER QUOTE MENTIONED MICK RILEY, WELL I MIS UNDERSTOOD AND YES I HAVE SEEN HIM, IN FACT I AM OUT WITH HIM THURSDAY NIGHT ALONG WITH 9 OTHER WHITBREAD OLD BOYS...

ARE YOU STILL DO YOUR BIT FOR JUSTICE AS A JP? (you chuff) hope Eileens well and the family.

Edited by arrodbo
typing error

YOUR EARLIER QUOTE MENTIONED MICK RILEY, WELL I MIS UNDERSTOOD AND YES I HAVE SEEN HIM, IN FACT I AM OUT WITH HIM THURSDAY NIGHT ALONG WITH 9 OTHER WHITBREAD OLD BOYS...

ARE YOU STILL DO YOUR BIT FOR JUSTICE AS A JP? (you chuff) hope Eileens well and the girls

Well done!!! (about time!!!)

All well this end

Give my best to all who know me especially Mick.

Now Im not brill at this internet lark - is there a way you can send

me your e-mail address in confidence - whats this PM business you

mentioned - we can then keep each other up to date.

Hi, Just wondering if anyone would of known my Grandfather. He owned a cafe on Middlewood Road opposite Hillsborough Park. Sometime in the 1950s. He was Polish. His name Stanislaw Neckarski. Trying to find out more about him as sadly i never got to meet him as he died in 1964

I used to go in the Smugglers in the 60s but none of the previously mentioned names ring a bell.I wonder if anybody remembers any of the following bikers. Billy Dale, Maurice and Babs,John Brearley.Alan Howerd.Colin,Roy Marsh,Malc,Joan Langston,Janice,Carol,Little Joan,Alan,Derek.

In the 60's on my T'bird - Wed night @ The Horse & Jockey to attend Hillsboro' MCC, Thursday at the Speedway then up to the Top Red (Grenoside), weekends at Monsal, Kiveton & other Sheffield pubs following the bands (around at that time), and of course numerous visits to The Smugglers - them were the days. It was there that I met a smashing lass, she lived (I think) on Gatefield Rd, Abbeydale, a true bikers moll who dumped me when I moved on from the T'bird to a trials cub - often wonder how she fared in life.

I would add that I have been happily married for over 50 yrs to another smashing lady who conversely doesn't understand bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!