Toll fee on the M50 Dublin

We were in Ireland in June, and we must have unknowingly gone through a toll and not paid, usually if we go through a toll we pay at the barrier, but now there must be some that charged you automatically, we got charged for going north bound and south bound on the M50 (we ll we were lost)...i dont have a problem paying the £5.88 if i used the toll, but now they have added another £5.68 for late penalties, i didnt even know i owed them any money, do i legally have to pay with the fee being in Dublin, and not in the UK? the company i have to make payment to is Euro Parking Collection PLC

These kind of boothless tolls are happening more and more to cut down on congestion.

The Dartford Crossing is another and the two bridges going over the Mersey at Runcorn are going to be the same.

You have to pay within 24 hours of crossing.

here's the M50 blurb:

https://www.eflow.ie/i-want-to/pay-a-penalty/

and EPC:

Founded in 1998, Euro Parking Collection enable councils, civic authorities, parking providers and police authorities to enforce payments of traffic penalty fines issued to foreign registered vehicles.

These kind of boothless tolls are happening more and more to cut down on congestion.

The Dartford Crossing is another and the two bridges going over the Mersey at Runcorn are going to be the same.

You have to pay within 24 hours of crossing.

here's the M50 blurb:

https://www.eflow.ie/i-want-to/pay-a-penalty/

and EPC:

Thanks Alchresearch....

but i didnt even know i had used a toll :huh:

Surly there must have been some sort of signage ?

Thanks Alchresearch....

cough, cough...

;)

Large signs at side of road,overhead gantry over all 3 lanes with signs on.

Edited by jackanne
spelling

Thanks Alchresearch....

If you didn't see the signage maybe you shouldn't be driving my friend! :)

I've also been charged a toll on that road on several occasions, and it was perfectly obvious that that was the situation.

The first time I hadn't realised it was that type of toll system, and my wife wanted to know what all the swearing was about.

The signs were obvious.

I knew it was a toll road but had assumed it would be a toll booth as it is further south on the M7.

They use a number recognition software program connected with the CCTV road surveillance system.

Easiest way to pay is to use a petrol station on the return trip.

We were in Ireland in June, and we must have unknowingly gone through a toll and not paid, usually if we go through a toll we pay at the barrier, but now there must be some that charged you automatically, we got charged for going north bound and south bound on the M50 (we ll we were lost)...i dont have a problem paying the £5.88 if i used the toll, but now they have added another £5.68 for late penalties, i didnt even know i owed them any money, do i legally have to pay with the fee being in Dublin, and not in the UK? the company i have to make payment to is Euro Parking Collection PLC

I go to Dublin a couple of times a year due to business- and like you, (my first visit in fact) I also used the toll but had assumed the hire car company was covering this.

Later on I received a penalty notice + admin charges, believe it was more than yours as had been delayed for a while.

Now and again I just cannot be bothered to use the M50 toll and go through city centre- when leaving Dublin airport. It adds around 20 mins to my journey to the hotel, but it is a lovely drive and I get to see more of the city.

Surly there must have been some sort of signage ?

There are signs and the booths are manned, I've been through a few times.