Cameras To Be Installed In All Slaughterhouses

This is one government policy I do like and fully support.

Slaughterhouses in England will have to install cctv so government inspectors can monitor the animals welfare. These cameras will have to be made available to vets.

All animals, if this is possible, should be treated with respect and as little stress as possible before slighter.

I hope these cameras will be used in all abattoirs, whether they are large or small.

That Gove guy is brilliant at the moment isn't he. First he stops the trees getting chopped down and now he's installing cameras into slaughterhouses cos of the horrible videos from the halal places. Well done Mister Gove.

I find it very odd that people seem to care considerably more about the last few moments or an animals life than the previous months or years of it. Whilst I would gladly support any actions that minimise suffering in the abattoir I do wonder where the vitriol is for improving welfare standards from birth to death of the animals?

I find it very odd that people seem to care considerably more about the last few moments or an animals life than the previous months or years of it. Whilst I would gladly support any actions that minimise suffering in the abattoir I do wonder where the vitriol is for improving welfare standards from birth to death of the animals?

You are quite right what you are saying, any thing that improves more humane farming all helps.

I suppose that’s meant to have been a thing for a while hasn’t it. Stuff like battery / intensive farming shouldn’t really be done (even though some farms have been shown to have done it). I think the whole issue of this abbatoir stuff came the other year when a video came out of loads of workers were kicking animals in and hacking away at sheeps throats in one of those halal places. See here https://www.bva.co.uk/News-campaigns-and-policy/Newsroom/News-releases/Vets-call-unrestricted-access-slaughterhouse-CCTV/

Hope they are installed this coming week. At last there would be irrefutable proof that Halal and Shechitah are both disgusting acts of barbaric animal cruelty. It will also monitor all the slaughter methods, so it's a win win situation.

Angel1.

Hope they are installed this coming week. At last there would be irrefutable proof that Halal and Shechitah are both disgusting acts of barbaric animal cruelty. It will also monitor all the slaughter methods, so it's a win win situation.

Angel1.

absolutely!!!! all animals should be pre stunned before killing non of this mumbo jumbo throat slitting to bleed out its disgusting:roll:

Angel1.

You do come out with some crap sometimes don't you? :rolleyes:

It's got nothing to do with halal slaughter and mistreated animals can't be killed in the halal way.

Ho and educate yourself properly with regards to what halal means before spouting ill informed right wing bull excrement. :rant:

---------- Post added 12-08-2017 at 16:36 ----------

That Gove guy is brilliant at the moment isn't he. First he stops the trees getting chopped down and now he's installing cameras into slaughterhouses cos of the horrible videos from the halal places. Well done Mister Gove.

It's the videos of the non Muslims kicking the animals in slaughterhouses that made em decide to put cameras on you oink! :rant:

Edited by mafya

This is one government policy I do like and fully support.

Slaughterhouses in England will have to install cctv so government inspectors can monitor the animals welfare. These cameras will have to be made available to vets.

All animals, if this is possible, should be treated with respect and as little stress as possible before slighter.

I hope these cameras will be used in all abattoirs, whether they are large or small.

This is good news, all animals should be treated with respect and stunning an animal ready for slaughter should mean stunning so that it is completely unconscious and not just given a mild blast which just renders the animal 'stunned' I've read that often the voltage is so low the animal regains consciousness during slaughter.

You do come out with some crap sometimes don't you? :rolleyes:

It's got nothing to do with halal slaughter and mistreated animals can't be killed in the halal way.

Ho and educate yourself properly with regards to what halal means before spouting ill informed right wing bull excrement. :rant:

---------- Post added 12-08-2017 at 16:36 ----------

It's the videos of the non Muslims kicking the animals in slaughterhouses that made em decide to put cameras on you oink! :rant:

Is that true? It was my understanding that the government investigation into slaughterhouse abuse was prompted by secret footage shot at a non-stun slaughterhouse operated by the Malik Food Group (with sheep having to have their throat cut up to seven times before eventually dying..)

To be clear - abuse occurs in slaughterhouses across the board, both halal and non halal (indeed an investigation by AnimalAid found 93% the slaughterhouses they filmed broke animal welfare laws), but it sounds like you're suggesting that abuse doesn't (or can't) occur in halal slaughterhouses, which is demonstrably untrue.

Is that true? It was my understanding that the government investigation into slaughterhouse abuse was prompted by secret footage shot at a non-stun slaughterhouse operated by the Malik Food Group (with sheep having to have their throat cut up to seven times before eventually dying..)

To be clear - abuse occurs in slaughterhouses across the board, both halal and non halal (indeed an investigation by AnimalAid found 93% the slaughterhouses they filmed broke animal welfare laws), but it sounds like you're suggesting that abuse doesn't (or can't) occur in halal slaughterhouses, which is demonstrably untrue.

Any animal that has been mistreated before slaughter cannot be deemed halal.

Halal slaughter isn't about the way an animal is killed it's about the conditions the animal is kept in before slaughter as well.

absolutely!!!! all animals should be pre stunned before killing non of this mumbo jumbo throat slitting to bleed out its disgusting:roll:

They are not banning it, they are filming it. Why they want to record it, I am not sure.

Is Gove into S+M?