Fluctuating BT broadband speed

Why do I have to reboot my router everyday to attain the 48 to 50 mbs .

The speed drops daily to around 10 mbs,but on re- booting goes back to around 50,so it can't be down to peak period usage.

Is it down to a fault in the equipment or BT jiggerypokery.

It's no major issue to reboot the system but just wondering what the issue is.

I have BT Infinity-1 with HH3, according to the following site I get around 50-Mbps

https://fast.com/en/gb/

The computer is cabled to the router. I check the speed on a regular basis and its always been rock steady.

I only restart the router if my smartphone cannot see a shared folder on the computer.

Using different laptops and connecting wirelessly I get wildly varying download speeds, so the message is

use a cabled connection.

I have infinity 1 with the HH6, never have to re-start and speed is constant. I upgraded to the HH6 as I was having issues with my old HH4. A bit annoyed that I had to pay £50 for the new hub but it has made a whole world of difference.

here in Stocksbridge i get 78mbs down all the time on a hub 4 router it is always on.

This is one thing I don't miss about BT infrastructure based broadband. Virgin has been absolutely solid for me in getting 110Mbit for Vivid 100.