I broke the sink. Help!

Okay, so our bathroom sink (basin) has been blocked for sometime and my husband has been getting around to unblocking it (kids put numerous items down there), and since he hasn't got around to it yet, I thought I'd have a go....

I was feeling rather proud of myself, until I realised that I can't get the connecting bits back on without it leaking! Help!

Can anybody see what is wrong with this photo? (Aside from it not being connected to the actual sink, I can't photograph behind the basin.)

nfjn9g.jpg

If you can help before my husband gets in at 10pm, that would be great :-P

---------- Post added 11-08-2015 at 19:04 ----------

I can't figure out which bits go where. It felt like everything was in place when I connected it all together, but it just leaks, everywhere! There are bits inside the cylinder (no clue if those are in right) and I don't know if they make a difference..... It's leaking from both the connector that's shaped like a backwards 'L' at the bottom of the cylinder and the top bit that connects to the actual sink.....

I'm working on it, (like the giant ant thread). Should have a solution for you at precisely 10.01pm.

Hang on in there.

I was so looking forward to gloating about my plumbing skills. I guess I'm now firmly put in my stick-to-flower-arranging place :(

I was so looking forward to gloating about my plumbing skills. I guess I'm now firmly put in my stick-to-flower-arranging place :(

I think your link may be a bit dodgy. Lots of flashy adverts on my screen.:suspect:

Oh. That sucks.

How else do I put a photo on here?

---------- Post added 11-08-2015 at 19:17 ----------

Okay. It's on my Facebook and I've made it public. Incase anybody wants to try and help me :-)

https://www.facebook.com/H2Hflowers?fref=nf

You don't say what the bits look like. Dismantle each joint in turn and clean the mating surfaces with a piece of rag, then check that the black rubber rings are seated correctly, then apply some washing up liquid on all the mating surfaces, threads (and rings) and carefully screw them together. Make sure that the screw that fastens on to the sink thread goes on squarely. No need to over-tighten any.

Where is it leaking from when you connect it back on?

FIXED IT! :-)

It was the top bit, that connects directly to the sink. It looks like I just hadn't lined it up properly before screwing it.

FIXED IT! :-)

It was the top bit, that connects directly to the sink. It looks like I just hadn't lined it up properly before screwing it.

Oooooh Matron!:heyhey:

Well done.

Oooooh Matron!:heyhey:

Well done.

Trouble with the ballcock next,I would suspect! Phnarr Phnarr

Trouble with the ballcock next,I would suspect! Phnarr Phnarr

I was getting a bit concerned when (post 6) mentioned squirting liquid on the mating surface.:gag: