Is your job important?

Not necessarily well paid but important. A care workers job is important. They could be the only person an old or vulnerable person sees for days or weeks. Not massively skilled, easily replaceable yes, but still important.

Take Scott Sinclaire. Now at villa but at Man city he was on a hefty sum and didn't play for 2 years really. He trained. That's it pretty much. An unimportnt job if ever there was one. In fairness, now he's at villa he's got an important job, he'll be in or around the first team whose first job is to keep them in the top division and saving/earning his employers millions.

So would the world stop if your job disappeared?

Not necessarily well paid but important. A care workers job is important. They could be the only person an old or vulnerable person sees for days or weeks. Not massively skilled, easily replaceable yes, but still important.

Take Scott Sinclaire. Now at villa but at Man city he was on a hefty sum and didn't play for 2 years really. He trained. That's it pretty much. An unimportnt job if ever there was one. In fairness, now he's at villa he's got an important job, he'll be in or around the first team whose first job is to keep them in the top division and saving/earning his employers millions.

At our workplace we recently had a 'job evaluation' process. Many of us were demoted, but many senior managers either stayed on the same salary were paid more.

I suspect that should I and my colleagues go on strike tomorrow, service users and their families would notice immediately. If the senior managers went on strike? No would notice, or probably even care.

most office jobs, white collar jobs and careers in business, most technology jobs - not important. sports are largely irrelevant. I think most jobs someone else can always fill your place.

At our workplace we recently had a 'job evaluation' process. Many of us were demoted, but many senior managers either stayed on the same salary were paid more.

Typical. Sounds like where I work. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

I suspect that should I and my colleagues go on strike tomorrow, service users and their families would notice immediately. If the senior managers went on strike? No would notice, or probably even care.

Ditto where I work.

I agree. You should try it.

Too many managers and senior staff have self inflated egos and delusions of their own importance. Workers are just as important. It's about time we got some more balance back.

Not remotely.

But the days would be longer without it.

I have a very responsible job - many people rely on me for being sharp, quick thinking and being calm in a crisis.

But I am not indispensable -no one on this planet is. There is always someone else who could step into your shoes and do the job.

Read the poem below - it sums it all up.

http://www.mick-armitage.staff.shef.ac.uk/poems/poem-im.html

I have a very responsible job - many people rely on me for being sharp, quick thinking and being calm in a crisis.

But I am not indispensable -no one on this planet is. There is always someone else who could step into your shoes and do the job.

Read the poem below - it sums it all up.

http://www.mick-armitage.staff.shef.ac.uk/poems/poem-im.html

Very true poem.

The Universe is a big place, and, whatever happens, you will not be missed.

The Universe is a big place, and, whatever happens, you will not be missed.

that's nice, but here on planet earth..................:roll:

Just because you can be replaced, it doesn't mean that what you do isn't important.

Who determines if you are important? The customer you ultimately work for, or the people at home you feed and clothe?

Every job is important… From toilet cleaner and beyond. Everyone/ Every job is equally important 100%.

---------- Post added 10-08-2015 at 22:33 ----------

Some may earn more money but no more important than any other job. Swings and roundabouts.