Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

how on earth are we and the french allowing this appalling situation to remain? , its either the french that dont care and want the migrants to get into the uk or we are being so lax and cant control our borders?? or both.

many thousands of trucks and cars are being held up both sides of the channel, why cant we send the army to the french tunnel entrance and the calais docks and protect our soil and allow freedom of our citizens to move?

how can WE be lax when its on the french side? lol Oo

also why isnt it other countries faults not stopping them in further away countries BEFORE they get to France?

how on earth are we and the french allowing this appalling situation to remain? , its either the french that dont care and want the migrants to get into the uk or we are being so lax and cant control our borders?? or both.

many thousands of trucks and cars are being held up both sides of the channel, why cant we send the army to the french tunnel entrance and the calais docks and protect our soil and allow freedom of our citizens to move?

Are you really asking asking why can't we invade France?

Or Shoot immigrants?

The French don't want them to stay and we don't want them to come over.

Some are genuine refugee's from war-torn middle east, some are just economic migrants who need to go home.

Need to sort the wheat from the chaff.

how can WE be lax when its on the french side? lol Oo

also why isnt it other countries faults not stopping them in further away countries BEFORE they get to France?

we are lax we have a border presence on the french side of the tunnel, we just are not using it properly, there are immigration officers on the other side.

totally agree with you Mel it is other countries fault, why are the other countries not stopping them BEFORE ??? is it because its easier just to say "Allez" go on through get to the uk asap?? where is the EU when we need them?

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 14:26 ----------

dont be daft not invade, how can we? we are part of Europe!!!:gag: the EU should be helping not encouraging.

we already have border force in France but their hands are tied, just give them more powers to control the border as the "surrender monkey cheese eaters" wont help!

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 14:27 ----------

Or Shoot immigrants?

soldiers would be a good idea on the border, most other countries do, maybe not live rounds but rubber bullets and water cannon yes?

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 14:29 ----------

Some are genuine refugee's from war-torn middle east, some are just economic migrants who need to go home.

all of them should be stopped at the point they try and leave their country or where they try to enter another, its called strict border control but i dont think europe has heard of it!:suspect::suspect: america and Australia have the right idea.

Why should genuine refugees go through several safe countries to get here, greed and the thought that we are so gullible with their excuses for not going back " I will be killed/ I'm a homosexual/ etc" it's the draw of free cash and homes. Stand outside Sports Direct on any day of the week and you will see numerous Romanians shopping, just follow them, discretely of course, you will see them with wads of cash that only we can dream about and I Do realise these spongers are not refugees, they are here for the money. Men and women over sixty, well they've certainly come here to work, I don't think so.

Let's get the facts straight here, compared to other EU countries the UK is taking in far, far fewer refugees per capita. The reason is that they can't actually get here without having to go through the channel-tunnel. Does that make it the problem of other countries? What should those countries do, take on even more of their fair share whilst Cameron refuses to sort anything out?

Those people at Calais want to come here, that is why they are in Calais. With that, they become the UK's responsibility.

Why do they want to come here, that is the key-question. The answer is simple: They can actually make a living here because the country is incredibly naive/lax/inefficient with ID-rules. In most other EU countries they get screened as soon as they come in and are 'parked' in refugee camps and processed. Exactly what should happen here, but instead the UK is happy to let this remain the problem of other countries.

Guest sibon

I

totally agree with you Mel it is other countries fault, why are the other countries not stopping them BEFORE ??? is it because its easier just to say "Allez" go on through get to the uk asap?? where is the EU when we need them?[

dont be daft not invade, how can we? we are part of Europe!!!:gag: the EU should be helping not encouraging.

we already have border force in France but their hands are tied, just give them more powers to control the border as the "surrender monkey cheese eaters" wont help.

Do you think that the rest of Europe might be more willing to help if we pulled our weight with the Mediterranean immigrant crisis. We just washed our hands of that one and walked away. No wonder that nobody is with us on this one

As an aside, I'm in France ATM. I had no trouble getting in. My freedom of movement wasn't affected at all ( except by the crazy French all going on holiday at the same time).

Well why dont the French send them back?

I

Do you think that the rest of Europe might be more willing to help if we pulled our weight with the Mediterranean immigrant crisis. We just washed our hands of that one and walked away. No wonder that nobody is with us on this one

As an aside, I'm in France ATM. I had no trouble getting in. My freedom of movement wasn't affected at all ( except by the crazy French all going on holiday at the same time).

But these immigrants arnt genuine asylum seekers. If they were then they woudnt mind where they stay they would claim asylum in the nearest country they set down. I would if I was desperate (which is either Spain, Italy, South of France and at a push Portugal. However they are not they are moving to Britain because of the benefits system.

I

this has been going on for years its not new, so nothing to do with the increase from Mediterranean immigrants crisis although thats making it worse, what should it have to do with us ? make the country of foot fall sort the crisis and send them back.

maybe you didnt have a problem if you went another route but ask those at calais, dover, felixstowe and roads approaching the channel tunnel today ?

no matter what the refugees need dispersing in any and every way so they dont cause a problem to truckers, business and normal people trying to get on with their life.