What's swift way s2 like to live?

Hi we are moving to sheffield from another city and found a house to rent on swift way. We don't know the areas at all so please can I have an opinion on this please.

Thanks

I've felt comfortable in the area during the day, but not at night.

Not lived there, but crime info is here http://www.police.uk/south-yorkshire/KB2/crime/

postcode for Swift Way is S2 5GG. Seems to be a problem with anti social behaviour and criminal damage on Skye Edge Ave and the surrounding streets.

Are you considering any other areas of the city?

I live along the road in Plover Court - I have only been here six months but this end is very quiet and peaceful, no problems at all except for one night in summer when a group of kids broke the next door neighbour's window. NOthing before or since.

Perhaps you could visit over a few days at different times and see what you think.

You'll be fine on there seriously, it's not half as bad as some make out, and being right at the top end it's pretty quiet at night.

Only downside i can see is to visit the local shop you'll have to use the top gennel, and there's nearly always a gang of lads hanging out there, but a pleasant "s'cuse me lads" will see them part like the Red Sea. :D They certainly wont mug you or anything.

If you'd like a walk around there to get the feel of it i'd happily accompany you, i've lived on the estate all my life, and close to Swift Way for the last 20 years. You'd be totally safe with me. :hihi: