Smart watch opinions

Been offered one cheap but can't really see the point of them as everything I have is on my phone already so I don't even wear a watch anymore. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on them. Ta.

They're pretty crap.

The only ones people are interested in are the fitness orientated ones.

The rest are a waste of time and make you look like a right plonker.

I've got one and love it because I never miss a call or text anymore.

I have the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier with a black metal strap, very well made and there are some great free faces available for it, gives the Tag Heuer Connected a run for its money for a lot less cash.

I have the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier with a black metal strap, very well made and there are some great free faces available for it, gives the Tag Heuer Connected a run for its money for a lot less cash.

The deal on the smart phone is cheaper than an s3 strap. I'm not convinced in getting one so thanks for the feedback all.

Since I started to run half marathons and training for full marathon, smart watch is getting more interesting to me every day. I am using phone and sports tracker app now.

Only thing is, that, if you want a quality one, it cost almost like better phone. By quality, I mean GPS, apps, heart beat sensor, and all features.

I think I will try cheap one,(Xiaomi) for around 50 £ to experience it before considering

better one.

The deal on the smart phone is cheaper than an s3 strap. I'm not convinced in getting one so thanks for the feedback all.

I changed my S3 rubber strap to a black steel one, it was less than a tenner off ebay, I have a couple of Tags and more than a few Seiko's and the likes but I always seem to wear the Samsung, I prefer smart watches with round faces, better selection of watch faces to choose from, like croat77 says, get a cheapo one to test the water.

They're pretty crap.

The only ones people are interested in are the fitness orientated ones.

The rest are a waste of time and make you look like a right plonker.

I had an (android based) Sony Smartwatch 3. It was touted as being aimed at runners (has built in GPS etc). Compared to a dedicated running watch (like a Garmin) it performed very poorly; in terms of GPS accuracy, and ease of reading screen, and more.

I wouldn't get another smart watch. If you're using one for running, much better to get a dedicated running watch.

I've got apple iWatch 2, pretty quality and definitely handy.

I did have a garmin vivoactive before, which was less singing and dancing but definitely did a great job, full charge lasted full week and half, where as iWatch lasts 2 days if Im lucky, plus the price different is huge.

I will be going back to Garmin watch after the iWatch in my experience.

I use motorola 360 which I really like, it is based on Android Wear OS so its highly customisable and also has good functions and battery life. Thanks