America and North Korea

We're massively OT here, but I had a glider flight at the weekend, great fun and no age limit. Anyone who's interested in getting hands on should have a go, I estimate I got about 20 mins of actually controlling the thing, which is amazing on a first go. The pilot sat behind me could take over at any time of course, and did a few times, to chase a thermal and because another glider didn't go where we expected and he wanted to turn quickly to make it clear we'd seen him.

We're massively OT here, but I had a glider flight at the weekend, great fun and no age limit. Anyone who's interested in getting hands on should have a go, I estimate I got about 20 mins of actually controlling the thing, which is amazing on a first go. The pilot sat behind me could take over at any time of course, and did a few times, to chase a thermal and because another glider didn't go where we expected and he wanted to turn quickly to make it clear we'd seen him.

How amazing , that is the way to avoid the big bang ride the thermals, whatever next free falling perhaps :hihi:

RD250 made in the Ukraine (not the motorbike ). Where does NK get its rocket fuel from ?

Edited by petemcewan

Looks like north Korea have been norty again. Firing a missile over Japan

Looks like north Korea have been norty again. Firing a missile over Japan

did this one actually fly over the island of "Japan" Japan this time, or did it simply fly hundreds of miles off the coast of Japan, like the last time when the world collectively wet their knickers in hyperbolic outrage as NK launched a missile that allegedly flew over "Japan" Japan but upon further investigation actually flew hundreds of miles off the coast of Japan instead ?

did this one actually fly over the island of "Japan" Japan this time, ......

Not exactly hard to find out. Is it?

Not exactly hard to find out. Is it?

actually it is.

As I said, following the hyperbolic outrage of NK's last firework, the media reports made it sound like they'd nuked "Japan" Japan when in fact they'd simply lobbed a short-range rocket a few miles off the coast off NK in the general direction of Japan.

Imagine me standing in Northern France and tossing a pebble into the English Channel, then the BBC declare I fired a missile over Northern Europe.

It's that sort of thing.

actually it is.

As I said, following the hyperbolic outrage of NK's last firework, the media reports made it sound like they'd nuked "Japan" Japan when in fact they'd simply lobbed a short-range rocket a few miles off the coast off NK in the general direction of Japan.

Imagine me standing in Northern France and tossing a pebble into the English Channel, then the BBC declare I fired a missile over Northern Europe.

It's that sort of thing.

Do you doubt the information from the Japanese government?

This is grim stuff. What is wrong with Kim Jong whatsit? Does he seriously think he's going to take down the USA? He is putting his country at massive risk and for what?

I thought this sort of lunacy had vanished years since.

This is grim stuff. What is wrong with Kim Jong whatsit? Does he seriously think he's going to take down the USA? He is putting his country at massive risk and for what?

I thought this sort of lunacy had vanished years since.

perhaps he is actually mental ill, but just imagine if he IS mentally unstable, the consequenses dont bear thinking about :help:

I don't think they have the warhead capabilities to create a catastrophe. Nor do I think they have targeting ability.

However, I would not like one to land on my house.

actually it is.

It's that sort of thing.

The BBC sites even got a main piccie of the story, with a missile going right over the top land mass, so yes it did

---------- Post added 29-08-2017 at 12:59 ----------

I don't think they have the warhead capabilities to create a catastrophe. Nor do I think they have targeting ability.

However, I would not like one to land on my house.

Just annoying the yanks is enough for a catastrophe, we all know what they are like with friendly fire incidents