Help buying a Macbook

^ Thanks Yeah I would probably go for £350 max atm I am gratefull for the advice and help on here

^ Wow thanks I will hae a look at that and keep an eye out for similar thanks! Do you have one?

No I don't have one but I have used Macs before, although it has been a few years now.

I remember the old beige Power PCs and the original iMac G3 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMac_G3 from college (finished in 2003). They also had a couple of iMac Pros too.

I'm trying to think of the last time I used an iMac, it was before my eldest was born (so over 5 years ago now).

I will be using them again this September as I'm going back to college to get a degree and they have a suite of iMacs.

I never had any issues switching from Mac to a Windows PC. It is a case of it being different, bit like using Android is different from Windows - you just get used to it.

Whilst at college I had a Windows PC at home, a horrid Time PC which had a dodgy RAM stick so it kept freezing but my Mum insisted it was fine (it really wasn't fine!), and I would take my work home from college and work on it there.

If you have never used a Mac before then don't worry just treat it as a learning curve. Some people will say that they are intuitive, I think it is a case of they are used to using a Mac. I have heard that iOS is intuitive, sorry but I find it anything but. However, that is probably because primarily use Android on mobile devices and I only occasionally use my Dads iPad. If I was using it all the time I would get use to it, like you do with any piece of technology.

^ Thanks Yeah I would probably go for £350 max atm I am gratefull for the advice and help on here

If you're thinking macbook or an imac; why not consider a macmini? You can then provide your own (non-Apple) monitor and peripherals, so, not so expensive.

Would suggest a late 2012 macmini, as you can upgrade ram and put a SSD in it.

^ Oh yeah I never even thought about that another thing to start look at lol are they good then?

Because I have a 27 inch pc moniter and keyboard etc so it might well then?

The guy who runs the stall in Barnsley Market has a degree in computer technology , he teaches computer skills at college and guarantees all his used sales .

The Mac I am using as of now came from him three years ago and has never let me down once I would recommend him without a second thought .

He has one left today , £175 it is on Lion if that helps.