R.I.P. Jeanne Moreau

R.I.P. at the age of 89 years.

One of France's most famous actresses, not very well known in the UK though.

Not only famous in France but mainland Europe generally (and in the UK with lovers of European cinema). A film career spanning over sixty years. The last film I recall seeing her in was a tv showing last year of 'The Train', with Moreau playing a member of the WW2 French Resistance. Superb. And who can forget her Doll Tearsheet in 'Chimes of Midnight'? I could go on, but I won't.

Not only famous in France but mainland Europe generally (and in the UK with lovers of European cinema). A film career spanning over sixty years. The last film I recall seeing her in was a tv showing last year of 'The Train', with Moreau playing a member of the WW2 French Resistance. Superb. And who can forget her Doll Tearsheet in 'Chimes of Midnight'? I could go on, but I won't.

The Train was a great film, I remember seeing it at the cinema in the early 60's. Never missed a Burt Lancaster film in the 50's and 60's. RIP to the dear lady.