Whats an Ironic Tattoo?

Hello each, thanks to all who answered my first ever post "Whats a Hipster".

This Follows on from that one as the term 'Ironic tattoo' came up as did 'trendy tattoo' . Thanks to alcoblog

to my knowledge (but I did go to a faith school for a short while, many years ago) irony is a sound based concept so how does that work with skin and ink both mediums not well known for their sound bite tendencies?

The same with trendy, as in years ago there was amongst some of the young for Mohican and mullet hairstyles to rid themselves of these self inflicted crimes against fashion al the unfortunate afflicted person regarding the Mohican had to do was let their hair grow and it went same with the mullet just a quick comb and gone, But trendy tattoos; does the skin grow back unblemished ?

The definition of irony doesn't include that it has to be audible or literary.

Situations are often described as ironic (Often incorrectly by Allanis Morrisette).

I suppose ironically having a tattoo might be because a tattoo implies something about the person, which turns out to be totally the opposite.

I'm struggling to think of a tattoo that could accurately be described as ironic though. Most of the examples on google are more idiotic or stupid than ironic.

Edited by Cyclone

Situations are often described as ironic (Often incorrectly by Allanis Morrisette).

I suppose ironically having a tattoo might be because a tattoo implies something about the person, which turns out to be totally the opposite.

I'm struggling to think of a tattoo that could accurately be described as ironic though. Most of the examples on google are more idiotic or stupid than ironic.

How about a tattoo saying "I really dislike tattoos"....:hihi:

Or a skin coloured tattoo

Perhaps, yes, I think that would qualify.

Apparently not what most hipsters have though.

I think that they really meant "Iron-On" Tattoo!

I think that they really meant "Iron-On" Tattoo!

:hihi::hihi: Complete with third degree burns from the iron....

post-ironic

adjective: When one's ironic appreciation of something becomes genuine, usually due to either prolonged exposure or the enjoyment derived from how amusingly terrible it is.

At first, I thought Pitchfork's inclusion of Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" at #21 on their top 500 tracks of the 2000s list was just hipster irony... But now real hipsters post-ironically recognise it for the great song it is, go figure.

---------- Post added 10-08-2015 at 14:54 ----------

its like a new level of irony - it becomes so ironic its enjoyable to the hipster!

---------- Post added 10-08-2015 at 14:55 ----------

its like 10 thousands spoons when all you need is a knife. ho-ho isnt it ironic?