Blades keeper at moment

Only a few games in but what do you think of our keeper ? I'm not so sure at all

Just hope Simon Moore back soon as I am sure he's a lot better

Between him and Clarke, MoM for me against Brentford, made some outstanding saves. Kicks better off the turf than from his hands. Not been since Walsall as I'm on holiday and Eastwood played in that game.

No opinion as yet. I've been abroad since May, first match will be Derby home.

He's a kid and you can be sure he and the coaching staff know his weaknesses and will be working on them. And Simon will be back soon.

He's actually 23 i think ? He was ok against Derby but didn't have a lot to do, even less against Barnsley I believe. The crowd around me seemed to think that his kicking was awful but to be fair he wasn't bad last home match.

Moore's' probably more reliable

He will be a top top keeper ....... in about 5-6 years. His decision making still needs to be honed, he doesn't command his area very well and as people have already mentioned kicking the ball out of his hands causes him lots of issues.

Saying that he is a good shot stopper which is what you want in a keeper and he has his size on his size, Chelsea don't sign bad players.

He will be a good backup keeper to Moore but he's not ready for a championship first team yet.

Your correct Chelsea don't sign bad players but that's why he's out on loan because he's no chance of ever of playing for Chelsea ,when ever a player at a top team like Chelsea is playing bad they buy quality and replace them and teams like united get there cast offs to be honest I think Moore is a lot better than blackman

I think in a few years time he may improve but united need a good keeper now to keep us in this league

Edited by lien1

I have seen all championship matches and he has improved well, his kicking is a weekness and he ought to be able to throw a long way and probably more accurate

Keep playing him he is adjusting fast

He is a big lad and I quite like to see a keeper who can intimidate the opposition with his sheer size. There was an incident against Derby when one of their players tried to chip him from about 10 yards away. Blackman just seemed to catch the ball at waist height, just plucked the ball out of the air. As he wasn't really tested not sure what he'd be like under pressure, he'd got no chance with their goal.

I'm not convinced either tbh. I've seen most of the games and he has made some good saves (particularly against Brentford in the opening game) and he plucked everything out of the air against Bolton the other night, although on several occasions he dropped the ball but got away with it. However, he seems very hesitant at times and if you take the most recent game v Norwich he was poorly positioned and slow to get down to that shot which led to their goal. I think he really should have got that.

I just don't feel as confident with him in goal as Simon Moore. I would like to see Moore get the jersey back but I fear we'll be going into the derby game with Blackman and it won't turn out well for him!:gag:

Don't you think our keeper should have easily saved the norwich goal I'm sure he should have done ,think moore will be back shortly I'm sure he's much better than blackman

Think Moore plays in under 23 s today hope it's worked out ok for him