Changing energy suppliers

hi has anyone got any suggestions getting riped off by utlity warehouse i think im going to go for a pay for what you use type of tarif.

Have a look on Uswitch..

Have a look on Uswitch..

ive had a look on there they seem to be pointing towards british gas but i just wanted to know if anyone had any tips from personal experience

The cheapest will depend on your usage so a comparison site like Uswitch is best. Unless you just want people's opinions of the suppliers they use. It won't get you the best deal though.

ive had a look on there they seem to be pointing towards british gas but i just wanted to know if anyone had any tips from personal experience

I was with Scottish Power for a few years, but the fixed pricing ended at the end of February. For what it's worth, I ran my usage figures through a few comparison websites, and British Gas came out the cheapest for me, so I am in the process of switching over to them.

Check out moneysavingexpert.com for switching tips. Different comparison sites offer various incentives e.g. £40 money back, things like that. Once you have found suppliers which factor very highly in the comparison sites, it's worth looking to see if various money back sites (such as quidco, topcashback) also offer incentives to switch.

Go with cheapest supplier, using site with the best incentive!

I was with Scottish Power for a few years, but the fixed pricing ended at the end of February. For what it's worth, I ran my usage figures through a few comparison websites, and British Gas came out the cheapest for me, so I am in the process of switching over to them.

Check out moneysavingexpert.com for switching tips. Different comparison sites offer various incentives e.g. £40 money back, things like that. Once you have found suppliers which factor very highly in the comparison sites, it's worth looking to see if various money back sites (such as quidco, topcashback) also offer incentives to switch.

Go with cheapest supplier, using site with the best incentive!

I got 80 quid cash back after joining EDF through the Quidco website, just had to wait a couple of months after moving to them before getting the cash back. Seem to remember they had similar offers for NPower and EON at the time but EDF worked out cheapest before the cash back.

I use Southern Electric for both Gas and electric, good on price and customer service

I got 80 quid cash back after joining EDF through the Quidco website, just had to wait a couple of months after moving to them before getting the cash back. Seem to remember they had similar offers for NPower and EON at the time but EDF worked out cheapest before the cash back.

Ah Quidco - keep meaning to use that site myself and was also going to say Moneysaving expert website is really useful - i need to change our suppliers too

Had nightmare after nightmare with N power so I'm out.

But who do I swap too?

Used to be with N Power but changed supplier to First Utility about three years ago. No problems whatsoever.

I'm with first utility. Don't ever use Scottish Power would be my advice.

I changed to OVO about a year ago, no problems, they are a lot cheaper than British Gas.