Box set and binge viewing megathread.

I finished the new series of Twin Peaks - that was totally off its nut in my view

It was indeed completely bonkers, from the exaggerated acting, the painfully stilted conversations with long pauses, the sudden outbreaks of "What the hell is going on?" or the characters and scenes had literally no relevance to the 'plot' whatsoever. What the hell was that bar at the end of every episode about other than to give Lynch a way to fill 5 minutes of run-time with a new band every week?

I must admit I did love Dougie though, especially his reactions to coffee, pie and sex.

It was indeed completely bonkers, from the exaggerated acting, the painfully stilted conversations with long pauses, the sudden outbreaks of "What the hell is going on?" or the characters and scenes had literally no relevance to the 'plot' whatsoever. What the hell was that bar at the end of every episode about other than to give Lynch a way to fill 5 minutes of run-time with a new band every week?

I must admit I did love Dougie though, especially his reactions to coffee, pie and sex.

:hihi: dougie was brilliantly acted. I got large bits of it but the look on my face on some episodes (5?) must have been a picture. Crap ending though.

Just started the 2nd series of Fargo after really enjoying the first.

I am watching Warehouse 13 again. Great series.

It was excellent for a while, but the product placement was

Actually, no, that might be

. It's a not bad, but a bit daft, FBI crime-fighter show available to binge on Netflix. It's made extremely watchable by starring possibly the world's most beautiful, stylish bloke (or, in the right light and if you squint a bit, has the unfortunate look of someone who could play Trump Jr in the inevitable post-impeachment TV movie).

Just started the 2nd series of Fargo after really enjoying the first.

Didn't think S2 was as good as S1. But S3 is outstanding.

Just in the process of watching Tin Star - some good Brit humour from Tim Roth.

Watched some of Midnight,Texas - Buffy the vampire slayer for grown ups. Not too serious.

Didn't think S2 was as good as S1. But S3 is outstanding.

I've got a week off with nothing to do and I was pondering which of the shows I've recorded/got access to on Netflix I was going to blitz through this week. I also didn't think S2 was anywhere near as good as S1 so I'll take your enthusiasm for S3 as a good sign.

Just in the process of watching Tin Star - some good Brit humour from Tim Roth.

Watched some of Midnight,Texas - Buffy the vampire slayer for grown ups. Not too serious.

Midnight Texas isnt bad but its no Buffy. The writing feels more like early Greys Anatomy to me!

Just finished watching ' Iron Fist '. I was amused to find out whilst reading a Cosmo or something, that the lead in it, Finn Jones, likes listening to old school disco and likes cats, like me. :)

Extant - So much promise, so little delivered. Ridiculous 'future' tech, for example they can make a robot AI who is completely lifelike with emotions and conscience but to enter a secure room you still need a hand scanner, or to track a car requires a transponder that can be unplugged, or in fact manually driven cars. The dialogue is cringeworthy, possibly some of the most clichéd tripe I've ever heard and that's saying something.

Some examples of the stupidity of the show. Not even Halle Berry can save this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/09/extant-review-halle-berry-space-tv-show_n_5559249.html

Top Boy - I like this. Sort of UK version of "The Wire", set

in North London