Leading QC calls for fresh investigation into Diana death.quiry

There are still doubts. Everybody knows it.

Let's clear it up once and for all. Fresh inquest and put it to bed. If there's nothing to hide it should be sorted without fuss.

It is important. Her sons and grandchildren are likely to become the heads of state in the future. Putting the issue to bed is going to avoid constitutional issues further down the line.

Let's clear it up once and for all. Fresh inquest and put it to bed. If there's nothing to hide it should be sorted without fuss.

It is important. Her sons and grandchildren are likely to become the heads of state in the future. Putting the issue to bed is going to avoid constitutional issues further down the line.

There are no doubts and more to the point there is no evidence. Raking over this again and again will only bring pain to the family and friends of those who died or were injured.

Those who want something there will never accept a rerun inquest verdict which agrees with the previous one and so nothing will be gained. In fact, it's probably the worse thing to do since it will only reinforce their belief in some sort of grand conspiracy.

Her sons and grandchildren are likely to become the heads of state in the future.

Putting the issue to bed is going to avoid constitutional issues further down the line.

why in heaven's name would whether Diana was murdered or not, possibly cause any constitutional 'issues' ????

it doesn't matter if she was murdered in Paris that night or accidentally fell into a microwave oven and fried herself, her son William would still be next-but-one in line to the throne regardless.

So what you mean is we keep raising the issue until the answer suits the majority of people.

She's dead - some of us don't care how or why.

why in heaven's name would whether Diana was murdered or not, possibly cause any constitutional 'issues' ????

it doesn't matter if she was murdered in Paris that night or accidentally fell into a microwave oven and fried herself, her son William would still be next-but-one in line to the throne regardless.

If enough people believe she was murdered by the British establishment then how can her sons be the figureheads of that establishment.

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 10:25 ----------

So what you mean is we keep raising the issue until the answer suits the majority of people.

She's dead - some of us don't care how or why.

That isn't what I said was it. I'm suggesting a fresh inquest would probably settle the issue.

Guest makapaka
An inquest is required when the cause of death may be criminal. Be it dangerous driving or driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. So yes, in this case an inquest should have been called after the accident, particularly in the light of Diana's statement to her lawyers.

If for some reason it was deemed unnecessary, why call one 10 years later?

Probably media pressure.

If enough people believe she was murdered by the British establishment then how can her sons be the figureheads of that establishment.

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 10:25 ----------

That isn't what I said was it. I'm suggesting a fresh inquest would probably settle the issue.

What issue?

I don't think she was murdered - issue closed surely.

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 11:18 ----------

You're quite right - but i'm entitled to an opinion.

Which is she's dead and an inquest won't resolve it - instead of all the woe is me Diana was such a wonderful person outpourings.

Why would an inquest close an issue that doesn't exist for many people?

What issue?

I don't think she was murdered - issue closed surely.

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 11:18 ----------

You're quite right - but i'm entitled to an opinion.

Which is she's dead and an inquest won't resolve it - instead of all the woe is me Diana was such a wonderful person outpourings.

Why would an inquest close an issue that doesn't exist for many people?

Because the issue exists for others. She predicted the manner of her death in a note she wrote.

Three things are clear about Diana's death.

1. The driver having too much to drink

2. Being chased by the news media photographers.

3.Diana did not have a seat belt on.

Do we really need a fresh investigation with these facts. ?

rich ,high profile . famous ,high profile . Birmingham 6 , high profile . Guilford 4 , high profile. Orgreave miners , high profile . Joe Bloggs , no chance .

Didn't he represent the 'joe bloggs' at Orgreave ?

I also seem to recall he was involved in the trial of the men charged after a march in rotherham - I didn't know they were rich and famous.

He has had a decent success rate when it comes to overturning convictions obtained by the state by whatever means - otherwise the Guildford/Birmingham/Cardiff 3/ wrongly convicted people might still be locked up.

i think we really should let her rest in peace

even if she was murdered?

Because the issue exists for others. She predicted the manner of her death in a note she wrote.

on the basis of my family history, i can pretty much predict the manner of my death that doesn't mean that when I'm found three weeks later when i've gone a bit gooey it would be murder

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 12:16 ----------

get real man/woman/unicorn, the british establishment can't negotiate brexit arranging for the murder in a public place of a public figure while making it look like an accident is way beyond their abilities.

and when it comes to the same conclusion as the first?