BBC loses rights to Great British Bake Off

Well, if you think Bake Off is more newsworthy, fair enough.

I didn't say i did - but there a millions of people who don't care about the wider news.

They're the ones who probably watch the programme and the ones the BBC are keeping up to date.

I care about neither item on the news.

Well I don't care about the presenters Mel & Sue leaving as I just don't get their sense of humour. I think Clare Baldwin could take their place. As for Mary Berry what about Delia Smith ?

I didn't say i did - but there a millions of people who don't care about the wider news.

They're the ones who probably watch the programme and the ones the BBC are keeping up to date.

I care about neither item on the news.

If millions don't care about the wider news presumably they're not watching it.

I would have thought there are enough programmes that need to fill up their schedules like the One Show and breakfast TV to put out this dreadful news about Mary Berry.

I would have thought there are enough programmes that need to fill up their schedules like the One Show and breakfast TV to put out this dreadful news about Mary Berry.

The One Show is abominable. ! It's like Blue Peter" for grown ups !:rolleyes:

Why?

They may be intently watching for news and gossip about entertainment and "celebrities".

It's each to their own, not everyone cares about the same things.

It's of no real interest to me that Angelina's divorcing Brad neither is it that Syrian's keep killing each other but both groups of interested parties get the details from the same place.

I watch local news and hear the other news as its always on every hour on the hour more or less.

Why?

They may be intently watching for news and gossip about entertainment and "celebrities".

It's each to their own, not everyone cares about the same things.

It's of no real interest to me that Angelina's divorcing Brad neither is it that Syrian's keep killing each other but both groups of interested parties get the details from the same place.

I watch local news and hear the other news as its always on every hour on the hour more or less.

You could well be right, they may do. I was probably looking at it from my perspective.

If I for instance were a big fan of Flog It, I wouldn't be watching the news to find the latest about Paul Martin, (perish the thought, I can't do with him either.)

---------- Post added 23-09-2016 at 18:08 ----------

The One Show is abominable. ! It's like Blue Peter" for grown ups !:rolleyes:

Totally agree, right from the title music (I wonder if somebody got paid for writing that), but at least it lumps a lot of the dross together, and anybody watching it knows what to expect.

I read that Jan Moir of the Daily Mail has called Paul Hollywood a rat for exercising his choice to change channels, I don't particularly like the man but think her 'rat' word is a bit strong.

I thought of Delia Smith, but would she do it, she doesn't seem to have much personality imo

I thought of Delia Smith, but would she do it, she doesn't seem to have much personality imo

It's a cookery show, not a personality contest :suspect:

She doesn't need "personality", she is an icon, beloved and trusted. She taught the world how to boil an egg again. On the other hand, would she lower herself to some baking gameshow? When she can embarrass herself at

Maybe they'll poach (or even, scramble) Pru Leith, although a Nigella Lawson/Paul Hollywood pairing would be interesting.

I'm glad Mary Berry is going, I'm fed up of seeing her in every newspaper and magazine I pick up. Who is this woman, what has she done in her earlier years are we supposed to know who she is and where did she spring from all of a sudden to make fame in her eighties?

As for the program why don't they make a decorating program then we can watch paint dry.

Maybe they'll poach (or even, scramble) Pru Leith, although a Nigella Lawson/Paul Hollywood pairing would be interesting.

HB, I agree, the ratings would be high if the chemistry was too:D