Tyzack Sons & Turner Ltd.

Anybody left who worked there from the 1950's?

Hi Wally, I joined the firm in January 1970 as the driver of their only lorry. A great attraction was the regular trips to Belgium on the ferry. Mr John Ford was the transport manager and the works mechanic was called Arthur. I knew most of the workers but forget names now. Col.Tyzack was a real gent. A bit after your time, all this, but maybe of interest for you.

Hi David, I left Tyzacks in 1973 after 16 years. During that time I was one of their Representatives covering all Scotland & the North of England. I still remember a lot of the old workers & managers, many before your time.

Hi David, I left Tyzacks in 1973 after 16 years. During that time I was one of their Representatives covering all Scotland & the North of England. I still remember a lot of the old workers & managers, many before your time.

Hi

I did a very short spell there around 1966. I remember Les Oldale who was the buyer, Mr Jenkinson the secretary and also a director at Hallam FC - the connection for me. A sales director - Brian Flanngan, Mike Curry, Albert head of progress.Heather and Margaret in buying. Not a very nice place I recall but very nice people.

i served my apprenticeship at tyzacks, 1978 to 1982 .

Not sure if i was there around this time used to repair machines furnaces etc at both depts

I worked there in the late 80's in the canteen!

These are just a few of the names that I remember from TS&T.

Frank Lowe, Pete Andrews, Les Beech, Bill Chapel, Ted Bourne (grinders), Cecil (the one arm, one legged grinder) Reg Harrison, Arthur ? (another one legged worker), Les Street, Pat Corrigan, Trevor Ward, Fred Mclean, Harry Slingsby, Phil Holmes, Stewart Holmes, Jennifer Holmes, Fred, George (turners) and Harry Deakin (press) Malcolm Smith (who I believe lived in cottage that became timehouse), Brian Johnson, Brian Bayliss, Ernest Miller, Martin Sturman, Jack Kelsey, Jim Cummings (tool room) Jack Birch, John Clifton, Ivan ?, (fitters) Joe Brammer, Mick Coldwell, (inspection) Doug Hunter, The Watkinson Family, Harry Robinson, Alan Robinson, Alf Deakin, Vic Szablewski, Frank Hazelhurst,

So did I dogsneck. I was in Toolroom. Jack Kelsey was my manager, Ted Stocks was my mentor. We were you at EITB together. Good win tonight mate!!!

Edited by pinhead

These are just a few of the names that I remember from TS&T.

Frank Lowe, Pete Andrews, Les Beech, Bill Chapel, Ted Bourne (grinders), Cecil (the one arm, one legged grinder) Reg Harrison, Arthur ? (another one legged worker), Les Street, Pat Corrigan, Trevor Ward, Fred Mclean, Harry Slingsby, Phil Holmes, Stewart Holmes, Jennifer Holmes, Fred, George (turners) and Harry Deakin (press) Malcolm Smith (who I believe lived in cottage that became timehouse), Brian Johnson, Brian Bayliss, Ernest Miller, Martin Sturman, Jack Kelsey, Jim Cummings (tool room) Jack Birch, John Clifton, Ivan ?, (fitters) Joe Brammer, Mick Coldwell, (inspection) Doug Hunter, The Watkinson Family, Harry Robinson, Alan Robinson, Alf Deakin, Vic Szablewski, Frank Hazelhurst,

I was in the toolroom with Glen Watkinson, Ernie Miller and Martyn Sturman. Jim left just before I came back from EITB. Ivan's surname is Graveling. Happy days, from 1978 to 1988. Don't recall the guys with one leg, but do remember "blind Alf" who worked in J dept. His dog had a kennel near the garage if I remember corectly.

So did I dogsneck. I was in Toolroom. Jack Kelsey was my manager, Ted Stocks was my mentor. We were you at EITB together. Good win tonight mate!!!

Yes i remember you pinhead, i think our paths may have crossed on facebook.Looking back, good times at tyzacks, and yes a very good win tonight, just about thawed out with a nice shiraz. Let me know when your next match is, a beer is calling.

How could I have forgotten Ivan’s name, always remember him as asking for newspaper and disappearing for half an hour when arriving to repair a m/c. Ernie Miller still goes to Lees Hall golf and Martyn still lives in Meersbrook, his pop career over lol.

Bloke with one leg was called Arthur Lovett.

Few more names.

Dorothy Morgan (m office), Michael Turner (office), Gwen Woodhouse (office), Jean Moulden (office), Janet Young (office), Lance Hides (office),Paddy Lewis (office), Pete Millbrook (office), Don Mawkes (manager m dept), Col Middleton (director), Dave Broadbent, Pat and (m dept) Sid Gregory (j dept), Pat Mawkes (inspection), Richard Mawkes (m dept), Pat Marshall (m dept), Sylvia Gregory (m dept), Peter Woodhead (m dept office), Trevor Elshaw (m dept), Joan King (warehouse), John Kitchener (m dept), Clive Young (m dept), Bob Collie (press), Jackie Hides (m dept), Sam Needham (j dept),