Heeley Memories

Is there anyone out there who attended Anns Road school between 1951 and 1955 and Carfield School between 1955 and 1959. I am visiting from Australia in July and would love to catch up with old school friends. Yes I have registered with "Friendsreunited" but only a couple of people I know have also registered. I was born and lived in Heeley until 1972.

Hi there!

I attended Anns Road School Heeley in 1959.

From there to Newfield Girls.

My family born & bred in Heeley.

Have a good trip down memory lane!

Hi Angela !

Thanks for your response to my notice. You are obviously much younger than I. My sister Rita and her friends Ann and Kathleen Adams went to Anns Road and Newfield Green Schools, maybe you know of them.

I am interested to know where you lived in Heeley and what your name was back then. We lived in the row of houses at the side of the Heeley Green Pictures, opposite the shops.

Bye for now. :D

I also was born and lived in Heeley for a good part of my youth.

I went to Annes Rd School and Heeley Bank, I have lived on Spencer Rd, Richards Rd, Alexander Rd, and Gleadless Rd, I think my parents must have some nomadic blood in them.

I also went to Newfield school but it was fully mixed by then, but it still had the blue and red bulidings (Boys and Girls). Was Chinney there when you were there (Mr Wilson). I am also interested in your family name as you may know some of my relatives as they all lived around that area and some would be your age. Send me and Banksia a private mail to discuss.

Hi Banksia

Can’t remember Adams. I left Newfield Girls in 1969ish

Certainly remember Heeley Picture Palace and I think I can visualize where you lived, I think the Spinks (Yvonne) lived at the top of that road.

My family (the Gillotts) lived on Carter Road behind the Waggon & Horses.

I have done quite a bit of family history tracing and have accrued a few photos of old Heeley if you’re interested.

Hi Mikey

Newfield went comprehensive in my last year.Yes I remember Chinney Wilson thundering ‘YOU, BOY’ down the corridor at some poor little waif who’d let his hair grow onto his collar. He was a former sargent major wasn’t he? He was deputy head, Mr Thorold was head I think.

Were Mrs Fletcher (Flea-bag) the maths teacher, Mr Phillips (physics), Mr Hedley (PE) Mr Fisher (biology) there when you were there?

My family, the Gillotts, lived on Carter road, behind the wagon & Horses

Some of my schoolfriends lived on the same roads as you ; Susan & Paul Eddison on Richards Rd and Trevor Sugden on Spencer Rd.

PS

(haven't sussed how to send private mail yet!!)

Just click on the middle button labelled PM and it does it all for you.

I remember Mr Thorold and Mr Phillips and Mr Hedley, I dont remember those friends of yours, when did you leave Sheffield?

I guess I am a bit younger than you, but my brother and sister may know the names, what year did you leave, my sister is 50 this year and she went to Newfield.

What life like in Skeggy?

Banksia

Nice to read your notice re. Anns road school I was there from 1952 to 58

You will remember Miss Hargreaves and Mr Eyre and Mr Hooper he also ran the play centre (happy Days)

I then move to Newfield School left in 1962, and revisited this year for the first time.

We walked all the way around the school, and nothing as changed, all the rooms are same with the original doors seems a little run down.

The tennis courts are all over grown,but we had some happy times.

I went to school when Barry Wilkinson Roy Jepson Trevor Bingham all lived around your area.

BET YOU PLAYED ON THE DOCKER!!!

We lived on Prospect Road near Silcocks Pub

Been to Australia (Wollengong) NSW Great going again next year

Regards

IAN

Originally posted by Banksia

Is there anyone out there who attended Anns Road school between 1951 and 1955 and Carfield School between 1955 and 1959. I am visiting from Australia in July and would love to catch up with old school friends. Yes I have registered with "Friendsreunited" but only a couple of people I know have also registered. I was born and lived in Heeley until 1972.

what was your name i might know you :D:wave:

Originally posted by Angela

Hi Mikey

Newfield went comprehensive in my last year.Yes I remember Chinney Wilson thundering ‘YOU, BOY’ down the corridor at some poor little waif who’d let his hair grow onto his collar. He was a former sargent major wasn’t he? He was deputy head, Mr Thorold was head I think.

Were Mrs Fletcher (Flea-bag) the maths teacher, Mr Phillips (physics), Mr Hedley (PE) Mr Fisher (biology) there when you were there?

My family, the Gillotts, lived on Carter road, behind the wagon & Horses

Some of my schoolfriends lived on the same roads as you ; Susan & Paul Eddison on Richards Rd and Trevor Sugden on Spencer Rd.

PS

(haven't sussed how to send private mail yet!!)

what was your name do you know the shaws lynn lived on richards rd tell me some names you know :D:roll::wave::wow:

Ah,old Heeley,Anns Road school,The Field just off Gleadless Road,The Garages further up,The Docker off Carfield Road,Drink shop on Heeley Green,Cuckoo pub up from the Upper Heeley club.

I remember Tony Thorold from Newfield,and his famous "Don`t wear a green cloke with me lad," quote.

I`ll remember more when I`m sober.

:roll: