Torksey in the 70s

brooksey, didn't know your family had a van for 30 yrs ! everyone has such brilliant memories, loved it things went down hill after they changed the Elms such a shame.

still a great place!!:)

We had a caravan on the Elms site middle of the 70s to early 80s. We, Fothergills, bought ours after our friends, Whelans and Cantors bought theirs. Used to go there from Sheffield, where we lived then, every Friday after work and stayed until Sunday.Then through the summer we spent more time there. We would go around to the Little London site each time we were there had some good nights. The owner of the London site tried to persuade us to move our caravans on to his site. The elms owner and the Little London owner didn't like each other. Had some great times there caught some decent fish.

blackhill are you sea fishing at blackpool

---------- Post added 01-10-2018 at 09:57 ----------

We had a caravan on the Elms site middle of the 70s to early 80s. We, Fothergills, bought ours after our friends, Whelans and Cantors bought theirs. Used to go there from Sheffield, where we lived then, every Friday after work and stayed until Sunday.Then through the summer we spent more time there. We would go around to the Little London site each time we were there had some good nights. The owner of the London site tried to persuade us to move our caravans on to his site. The elms owner and the Little London owner didn't like each other. Had some great times there caught some decent fish.

re blackhill, fothergills hope you are still fishing in blackpool

Hiya loneranger64. How is my old mate going on. No I don't do any sea fishing in Blackpool. Was on Norfolk Broads a few weeks ago. Plenty of fishing there.

What you been getting up to since we last chatted?

Does anyone remember the Saxtons from Handsworth Colin Jean Malc Diane they used to go there most weekends in the summer

Happy memories of Torksey we had a tourer then a static on Hume Arms for years, brilliant times.

Used to Moor at Torksey ,but got sick of the boat being full of maggots and ground bait ,.

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2004 at 19:08, brooksy said:

next time you go in the swan see if my old mate neil barratt is in

I used to know Neil Very very good angler. I think he bought a house down there