Where do you do your weekly shop?

I don't get it, you love their mature cheddar but not their mature veggies.:hihi:

Nowt as funny as folk, but if you like mature veggies (I like mature fruit) go ahead and sample their ripe spring onions!

Worth a trip to Lidl for sliced edam cheese, feta, Bavarian ham and buckets of full fat Greek yoghurt.

That Greek yogurt is absolutely lovely. Worth a trip to Lidl for that alone.

Edited by Olive

That Greek yogurt is absolutely lovely. Worth a trip to Lidl for that alone.

A few people I know have commented on their Greek yogurt, might nip in and try some.

Nowt as funny as folk, but if you like mature veggies (I like mature fruit) go ahead and sample their ripe spring onions!

Ah ,therein lies the problem, calling them "Spring" onions in the middle of summer, no wonder they are over ripe. ;) They are called green onions over here, so they are always fresh.... Lol

Ah ,therein lies the problem, calling them "Spring" onions in the middle of summer, no wonder they are over ripe. ;) They are called green onions over here, so they are always fresh.... Lol

Thanks Mr T. you obviously know your onions.

Thanks Mr T. you obviously know your onions.

I actually grow square onions to fit the cheese slices, honest.:wink:

I'm not sure that many people do a weekly shop any more.

We do because we have no shops. A car journey every time and hate shopping of any kind, so once a week is more than enough. Have to work on eventuality of not being able to get out including getting snowed in over winter which does happen. So shelves, freezer always well stocked. Weekly trip to Crystal Peaks, Sainsbury's and M & S - sorted!!

A friend of mine went to Lidl, and mistakenly bought some Daffodil bulbs, instead of onions.

Finished up in hospital after eating them, the doctor said he should be out by the spring.

A friend of mine went to Lidl, and mistakenly bought some Daffodil bulbs, instead of onions.

Finished up in hospital after eating them, the doctor said he should be out by the spring.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

A few people I know have commented on their Greek yogurt, might nip in and try some.

Be careful. I'm borderline addicted to the stuff.

It used to be Lidl for me, but i'm sick of going in there and finding only a 2 day date on their bread, plus there trying to force everyone to use the self scan tills (lower manor) So from today it will be Asda or Tesco's. As a single bloke I can spend £80.00 a week in Lidl with Wine, Never no more.

Anyone else noticed their bread is crap.?