Coin valuation in sheffield

Hi, been clearing out the loft and come across quite alot of old coins, im not sure what they are or if they are even worth anything buy thought it was worth getting them valued.

Does any one know of anywhere i can go in sheffield

I had some and first had a look at what sort of price they were on Ebay to see if any were worth taking to a proper valuers.

There's a guy down castle market who does coins ........ Couldn't tell you what day he's there though

Goodbye cruel world !

Edited by sheff5555
quit

Goodbye cruel world !

Edited by sheff5555
quit

See my post in the Wanted section or PM me

You really need to do the research before contacting anyone. E.Bay's a good idea to look at what items are selling for, I haven't dared go down that road for actually selling though. If there is anything of value an auction house would be best - at least a few people would be bidding against each other. Most people will want to rip you off. Usual lines are "well I am a collector not a dealer, so I can't pay much", and they will remind you about the recession etc. Of course, coins that we used to collect from our change when we were kids are never worth much, so it depends what you have found.

That's rubbish.. I always turn up with a recent copy of Spink and pay current years rate, Silver and gold prices are paid by bullion dealers, this isn't always reflected by coin dealers/collectors..... the only bone of contention is that amatuer collectors tend to over grade their coins.. for this reason I also bring to valuations a selection of coins in various grades to show the customer what the differnces are.

I've got a bag of 'mint' sealed old pennies, does anyone know where's best to take them for a valuation / Sale

thanks in advance :)

Afternoon all,

So I have two coins and I'm wondering if anyone knows where we can go to have them valuated or sell? Also if anyone has a rough idea of how much they could be worth? I've found similar coins online but they've been silver not gold or gold plated like I have.

I have a Concorde Medallion first passenger flight, London to Bahrain on the 21st day of january 1976:

Platinum: 50

22ct Gold on sterling silver 2500

Sterling Silver 5000

I have no idea what those numbers mean?:hihi:

And an Eyewitness medal 24kt gold electroplate on sterling silver in Limited Edition to commemorate the signing of the Egyptian/Israeli peace treaty on March 26, 1979

Both coins come with the original box and certificates of authenticity.

I would like if someone could even help with a rough guess because we've had someone take advantage before when we've tried to sell something not realising how much it was worth.

Thanks for any help! :D

The Concorde Medallion, depending on condition could be worth upwards of £2500

The numbers are the number they made... look on the bottom right, it's the certificate etc...

There were a few of these, silver, and gold...

The medallion is in a leatherette box, with a certificate from the Pobjoy Mint, stating it to be the official Concorde Crownmedal, and one of only 50 issued in solid platinum.

There were also 2,500 issued in 22 ct gold on sterling silver, and 3,500 in solid sterling silver.

http://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=1976concordemedallionplatinum.html

The Other is about £30

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/bushey-auctions/catalogue-id-srbu10019/lot-3e3e9fd7-09bb-4eab-96ab-a449004bfaad

Coins is something that interest me, don't have many, or any worth much (yet) but hope this helps :D

so jealous of them both, would be nice to keep for the future! :D

Edited by Ghozer

The Concorde Medallion, depending on condition could be worth upwards of £2500

http://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=1976concordemedallionplatinum.html

The Other is about £30

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/bushey-auctions/catalogue-id-srbu10019/lot-3e3e9fd7-09bb-4eab-96ab-a449004bfaad

Coins is something that interest me, don't have many, or any worth much (yet) but hope this helps :D

so jealous of them both, would be nice to keep for the future! :D

They're both in mint condition. it's in a little plastic thing and has been since my nan got them. Do you know where we could sell them, that they'd be fair?

I know it's nice to have things like that, but we need the money more at the moment. Plus we have other things that hold more memories of family etc. Unfortunately none of us appreciate coins because we have no idea about them!

They're both in mint condition. it's in a little plastic thing and has been since my nan got them. Do you know where we could sell them, that they'd be fair?

I know it's nice to have things like that, but we need the money more at the moment. Plus we have other things that hold more memories of family etc. Unfortunately none of us appreciate coins because we have no idea about them!

I don't know of any collectors or sellers in sheffield myself, but at that sort of price, you might be better off at an auction with a reserve...