Derelict buildings help

Hi, my children have recently started watching some short films that mostly consist of old, derelict buildings. Personally I don't see their fascination, but I have promised to try and find somewhere that I can take them to have a little look around. So I'm here hoping someone may know somewhere in Sheffield. Not being from Sheffield myself, I don't really know much about it or where to start. I don't think the type of building will really matter, but something that has some history we can find out a bit more about, and is still accessible. We don't want to be trespassing or anything. If anyone knows of anything, your help will be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance

What a strange request!! But here goes Try a walk around Neepsend bottom of rutland road theres an old brewery building there and lots of other disused industrial type places nearby including the old Stanley Tools place further up Rutland road, Wardsend Road at owlerton has a derilict Cemetery or the General Cemetery has lots of spooky old mausoleums that look like they are falling down Let us know how you get on

What a strange request!! But here goes Try a walk around Neepsend bottom of rutland road theres an old brewery building there and lots of other disused industrial type places nearby including the old Stanley Tools place further up Rutland road, Wardsend Road at owlerton has a derilict Cemetery or the General Cemetery has lots of spooky old mausoleums that look like they are falling down Let us know how you get on

Near there is also the Farfield Inn. You won't be able to go in it, but it is derelict, at the moment, and is part of Sheffields history.

Please be careful. I used to go round derelict buildings and they were in a right state. If you go on 28dayslater.co.uk and type in Sheffield you will find lots.

Again please be careful.

There's lots of derelict buildings especially around Neepsend as already mentioned. The problem is there not really accessible legally. You really wouldn't want to be taking your children into these buildings either there's some unsavoury people in some of them, plus they can be unsafe/dangerous.

The website 28dayslater.co.uk may be of help to you 

On 7/14/2018 at 6:31 AM, Yorkie2000 said:

There's lots of derelict buildings especially around Neepsend as already mentioned. The problem is there not really accessible legally. You really wouldn't want to be taking your children into these buildings either there's some unsavoury people in some of them, plus they can be unsafe/dangerous.

but logically there far more 'unsavoury' people in town so you take your chances.....  and perhaps also a stout walking stick.... as some of the pavements have loose or projecting flag stones...  better safe than sorry

I remember encountering a passed out guy with a needle in his arm in an abandoned building.

However, the most scary moment I encountered was accidentally disturbing a crow on a nest, which proceeded to attack me.

The second was hanging over a building to take this photo:

BT2.JPG

1 hour ago, TinStar said:

There are lots in Sheffield. I have a a board on my Pintrest dedicated to this. As I have an interest in it too. I am sure there is an old court house building in Sheffield that is derelict. I have a picture of it on my Pinterest. I will find it and post it on here. There is one of the staircase and it looks like Chernobyl or something. I am sure i have another of the abandoned cells as well. The old steel works as well is abandoned. That might be interesting to look at. Enjoy your adventures. :) :) 

On 7/13/2018 at 9:42 PM, mummy2-1 said:

Hi, my children have recently started watching some short films that mostly consist of old, derelict buildings. Personally I don't see their fascination, but I have promised to try and find somewhere that I can take them to have a little look around. So I'm here hoping someone may know somewhere in Sheffield. Not being from Sheffield myself, I don't really know much about it or where to start. I don't think the type of building will really matter, but something that has some history we can find out a bit more about, and is still accessible. We don't want to be trespassing or anything. If anyone knows of anything, your help will be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

I found this I thought it might be interesting for you. This is the place I have pictures of on my Pintrest. I am not sure if you can go in that building though it looks locked to me. Although by the state of the inside of it. I am sure it wasn't at one time. :) :) 

https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/misc-sites/36535-town-hall-courts-sheffield-september-2018-a.html#.XBTRbi2calM 

Thanks in advance

You might want to look at this as well. Park Hill Flats featured in This Is England 90. One side had been regenerated into new apartments. The other side not nearest the main road has been left derelict. People even left their washing still hanging  up you can see it when you drive past. It's like an apocalyptic world or something. Here are the pictures. As not sure again of you can actually go into the flats on the stairs/stairwells into the building. As not sure if it is safe. I am sure last time I went passed it had metal fencing all around it. But they may have moved that again so you can. I am not sure. :) :) 

https://www.britainsdecays.com/park-hill-estate-sheffield/ 

Thanks in advance

I found this as well. I hope it is helpful to you. :) :) 

https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2010/07/6-abandoned-buildings-and-places-in-sheffield-uk/

Thanks in advance

Cannon Brewery in Sheffield is also abandoned. I found some pictures. :) :) 

Thanks in advance

Here is the link to the Cannon Brewery pictures. There are some amazing ones. :) :) 

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x487978881e7c0241:0xdd5d2ccc166122c7!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipNaiSfsFp3JO8p2KY6wHiHbS6KQtRvTtqA2crrk%3Dw213-h160-k-no!5scannon+brewery+abandoned+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNaiSfsFp3JO8p2KY6wHiHbS6KQtRvTtqA2crrk&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjV0rSg0KHfAhVuRhUIHbkGBw0QoiowDnoECAYQBg

Edited by TinStar