Serial offenders in Sheffield

Can any more be done about serial offenders in Sheffield who keep getting arrested and punished and back doing their crime again?

I saw this on Sheffield Central Police Facebook Page. Its a guy named Stephen Rowley who has been arrested following a string of offences.

You would not be surprised to note that you may recognise him. He was originally banned for aggresive begging for 5 years. And he was doing it for quite some time before he was caught.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/aggressive-beggar-banned-from-sheffield-city-centre-for-five-years-1-9026807

He was then sent to prison for breaching a court order.

Now it seems he is to be punished again. What is the likelihood he will be doing the same once he is out. How do we deal with re offending like this?

Lethal injection.

The country would soon become a much better and happier place for us all law abiding, hard working folk!

Lethal injection.

The country would soon become a much better and happier place for us all law abiding, hard working folk!

In an ideal world, yes, these lowlife are just laughing at the legal system. Make them pick the crops in Lincolnshire all day, chain gang style. No work, no food.

Lethal injection.

I don't think 'kill the poor' would play well at elections somehow.

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 09:29 ----------

Now it seems he is to be punished again. What is the likelihood he will be doing the same once he is out. How do we deal with re offending like this?

Some people (and perhaps, judging by what is said about him, this chap is one of them) simply won't ever change.

Many more will however, given a little help. Do you know what the single biggest factor is that has an impact on reoffending?

Lethal injection.

There's so much evidence to show that it doesn't work, I can't understand how anyone can even consider the idea.

It would certainly reduce the amount of time and resources uses in dealing with the people

There's so much evidence to show that it doesn't work, I can't understand how anyone can even consider the idea.

It would work as far as removing this particular oxygen-wasting scumbag is concerned though.

I don't think 'kill the poor' would play well at elections somehow.

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 09:29 ----------

Some people (and perhaps, judging by what is said about him, this chap is one of them) simply won't ever change.

Many more will however, given a little help. Do you know what the single biggest factor is that has an impact on reoffending?

I would say the biggest factor on reoffending is the fact that punishment isnt severe enough. People think its to easy so therefore there is no deterrent to not reoffend.

I would say the biggest factor on reoffending is the fact that punishment isnt severe enough. People think its to easy so therefore there is no deterrent to not reoffend.

Finally, some sense on the forum!

These tramps are making our city a nightmare to be in. The 'bleeding heart' approach isn't working, the social justice warriors have had their go and 'helping' these people and it hasn't worked. Now we need action! Let's make Sheffield city centre a place for the nice people again!

Finally, some sense on the forum!

These tramps are making our city a nightmare to be in. The 'bleeding heart' approach isn't working, the social justice warriors have had their go and 'helping' these people and it hasn't worked. Now we need action! Let's make Sheffield city centre a place for the nice people again!

What do you propose?

A modern day Charles Bronson

Death Wish SF style?