The character of Sheffield people

Hello All

I,m new to this forum and Sheffied. As I,m hunting for somewhere to live and dealing with my new job I,m meeting a lot of new people.

What would you say are the differentiating characteristics of people from Sheffield? The good ones, the bad ones, the unusual ones?

Thanks

Da ducky88

PS if any has a property to let south of crooks and west of the centre, drop me a pm, thanks :-)

hello, welcome to the city

most of the people are nice but as with all cities some are not so nice and some are just plain wierd

I don't think that there are differentiating characteristics of the people of Sheffield - not that I've noticed anyway!

I think that like most big cities, we've got a large influx of people from other towns and cities in the UK given that we have 2 big universities. Whether or not that has diluted Sheffielder's characteristics, who knows?

I've lived in both Leeds and Manchester, and I prefer the pace of life in Sheffield to either of those cities. I've been here, on and off for 26 years.

Enjoy your stay.

They complain incessantly about someone who is dead called Maggie who is still out to get them and makes nasty things happen from beyond the grave.

They see Thee and Thar a lot so are called DeeDars.

And don't ever say that Stones is crap (it is we all know that) but if you do then it's hanging from a lamppost time.

They are also insanely jealouos of Leeds.

They complain incessantly about someone who is dead called Maggie who is still out to get them and makes nasty things happen from beyond the grave.

They see Thee and Thar a lot so are called DeeDars.

And don't ever say that Stones is crap (it is we all know that) but if you do then it's hanging from a lamppost time.

They are also insanely jealouos of Leeds.

Stones is crap. There said it.

And it's L**ds please. ;)

Told you they don't like Leeds :)

When I moved here I was amazed at how friendly the city is and it is that because of its people.

When I moved here I was amazed at how friendly the city is and it is that because of its people.

:huh:

Hmmm...

now if only all the people who've moved here were as friendly as the locals... :P

Welcome to daducky 88. May you live to see the Owls or the Blades win the European championship !!!

Yes many from the outside have moved to Sheffield so that must engineer some DNA changes. When I was a lad in Attercliffe, a few years ago ! I only remember an Irish family (good fit pleasant people) and a lady from Belgium. All the rest "Deedars" as Obelix said.

If I was to estimate I would say the influx has been for the better of the city. Whoever the future non "DeeDars" are though, they must be prepared to integrate into the mix and become part of the team.

good bad everywhere

No charisma in the buildings eh ? :D Kidding aside you are of course correct. You wouldn't believe how many times I wanted to return permanently, during my early years in Canada. When the kids got in their teens it was a none starter as they had grown up here and had tons of friends. Still get the odd inkling, however.

good bad everywhere

That's true.

---------- Post added 11-05-2017 at 05:19 ----------

:huh:

Hmmm...

now if only all the people who've moved here were as friendly as the locals... :P

Some people who move here are friendly. :)