Back pain

whats the best thing for lower back pain . thanks

Contact the Sheffield Back Pain Association, go to an osteopath..... what have you been doing to get the pain... bad posture etc....

I tried everything with the back pain I had. In the end the only thing that cured it was acupuncture.

Depends how severe it is. It affected me so badly some years ago that I had to go to a chiropractor. Just standing up and getting in and out of the car (I wasn't driving) was agony. He helped, plus told me posture can be the reason. Since then, if I feel the slightest twinge I try and correct my posture, sit up straighter, put a cushion at the small of my back, and take an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen. I'm also very careful when I lift something heavy or work in the garden. Touch wood, although I've had lower back pain again occasionally it's never been as bad.

No one on here can answer that question, it could be caused by an almost endless list of things. That is why you go to a professional they ask you questions like when did you first notice it, etc etc. and you give a urine sample to rule out a bladder infection that has started to affect your kidneys. See a doctor or get a triage phone appointment.

Some excellent advice on this thread. I'd add,see a "Podiatrist" as well. Sometimes low back pain can be associated with the feet. For instance, I wear orthotics. Since wearing them I no longer have low back pain.

In my experience,it's important to get the most up to date professional advice and intervention. It wasn't until I got an x-ray and MRI that the full extent of my lower back problem could be seen. Many Chiropractors and Osteopaths do not have equipment that can see into the area. Manipulation can solve many problems but sometimes can make things worse.

Functional or anatomical leg length differences can affect the lower back. One has to be very careful when being diagnosed for LLD. Using a measuring tape is useless. A frontal x-ray is much more accurate. A LLD of less than 20mm -according to my research- shouldn't cause any problems.

You need to do your research and get the best advice. The NHS is a fantastic source for diagnosing and providing corrective and curative intervention for back problems. Note, your G.P can get you lined up for a full investigation as to the cause of your back pain.

I hope you find the right therapy.

All of the above is based on my personal experience.I'm not medically trained .

Edited by petemcewan

I tried everything with the back pain I had. In the end the only thing that cured it was acupuncture.

Where did you go spilldig?

Where did you go spilldig?

Wang's at Woodseats, just opposite The Big Tree.

Wang's at Woodseats, just opposite The Big Tree.

Cheers.

Do you revisit periodically or were you treated and never had to go back?

Cheers.

Do you revisit periodically or were you treated and never had to go back?

Never had to go back. It cured it for me. I had a course of about 8 sessions.

Never had to go back. It cured it for me. I had a course of about 8 sessions.

Well that sounds good.

How much does he charge per session?

Well that sounds good.

How much does he charge per session?

Well all 8 sessions were about £140. That was about 10 years ago. Don't know if he does seperate sessions but it didn't really clear up untill about the 5th session anyway.