Music and wine - help!

Hi there,

I am getting married in October and having booked the venue and catering, the next 2 big things are evening entertainment and wine with food.

Can anyone recommend a DJ for the evening reception that is good but won't break the bank?

Also, we can bring in our own wine for the food and so need to source this. Can anyone recommend anywhere for wine? (before trying the usual Majestic or supermarkets, I wanted to see if there are any independent type shops I could use).

Thank you :)

Got to say, with entertainment, you very much get what you pay for.

Pay £50 for your DJ and expect someone with poor equipment, probably uninsured, DJing as a side job. Pay £350 and expect a pro who can read the dancefloor and adapt his set accordingly, brings the best gear and won't let you down.

Same goes for bands and 99.99% of other things. The "you get what you pay for" maxim is often very true.

Hi there,

I am getting married in October and having booked the venue and catering, the next 2 big things are evening entertainment and wine with food.

Can anyone recommend a DJ for the evening reception that is good but won't break the bank?

Also, we can bring in our own wine for the food and so need to source this. Can anyone recommend anywhere for wine? (before trying the usual Majestic or supermarkets, I wanted to see if there are any independent type shops I could use).

Thank you :)

Hello, Olive and Vine in Heely https://www.oliveandvinewines.co.uk/ a wonderful independent wine merchants.

Got to agree with Andy, don't go too cheap or you might regret it, make sure you get a DJ who knows what they're doing!