HS2 train stop in Sheffield

Sorry but no, The Nunnery Square site is a much better location.

Would you care to say why bearing in mind what I said about the remit of HS2 serving the Sheffield Region as opposed to just the city itself?

No, so far it doesn't even exist.

Sorry, meant to say is already proposed to go from Birmingham to Manchester after the line from London to Birmingham is built.

Simple: don't go there. Why not onwards from Sheffield via Woodhead Tunnel to Manchester Victoria instead?

Possibly because the strategic plan is to have an East and a West branch, the East one going through Sheffield onto Leeds... Not suddenly turning right and going to meet the Western branch in Manchester!

You mean the car park? In what way is that waste land?

Either side of the car park is wasteland, and the carpark is only a carpark!so look at all the land you have to play with there.

And if not Nunnery Square then the site next to Forgemasters-which is here-http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Nunnery+Square&hl=en&ll=53.38553,-1.441741&spn=0.009266,0.0212&t=h&z=16 would also be good, but it doesn't have the transport links that Nunnery Square has.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how you would get a half a mile long train upto 250mph in as quick a time as possible to go to Leeds from Nunnery Square as it's not an option that it won't go to Leeds.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how you would get a half a mile long train upto 250mph in as quick a time as possible to go to Leeds from Nunnery Square as it's not an option that it won't go to Leeds.

And you've not said how you'd get a train north out of Tinsley without a sharp corner or demolishing Meadowhall (tempting, but not going to happen).

Possibly because the strategic plan is to have an East and a West branch, the East one going through Sheffield onto Leeds... Not suddenly turning right and going to meet the Western branch in Manchester!

Er, if the eastern branch turns right, it goes southwards or even more east!

Did you mean "...suddenly turning left..."?

Would you care to say why bearing in mind what I said about the remit of HS2 serving the Sheffield Region as opposed to just the city itself?

Why would the Nunnery Square site not be serving South Yorks? it would be easily accessible with the transport links that already in place.

or..............you could take my second location next to Forgemasters-here-http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&pq=accessible&xhr=t&q=meadowhall+rail+station&cp=16&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&biw=1024&bih=437&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wlwhich goes straight on to Leeds but doesn't have the transport links.

Edited by Mr Sheffield

How is Nunnery Square a much better location given everything that has just been said? The platforms need to be 3/4 times longer for crying out loud!

Sorry, meant to say is already proposed to go from Birmingham to Manchester after the line from London to Birmingham is built.

'After'? 'If'!