The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

What authority does the likes of Farage have, which gives him any power to do anything as a consequence of the result of the EU referendum vote. It's irrelevant to the democratic process that their was no plan made in the event the UK democratic people choosing to leave the EU.

Hold you were telling me I should believe major and blair of all people earlier on!

What authority does the likes of Farage have, which gives him any power to do anything as a consequence of the result of the EU referendum vote. It's irrelevant to the democratic process that their was no plan made in the event the UK democratic people choosing to leave the EU.

It isn't irrelevant to the democratic people of Ireland who voted for the Good Friday agreement. However, you don't care about that democracy.

The vote in 1974 saw the overwhelming majority of people in the UK support staying in the EU.

NO, how many times does it have to be said we voted to stay in the EEC?

The vote in 1974 saw the overwhelming majority of people in the UK support staying in the EU.

I couldn't read any further than this. Given that this opening line is based on a false premise, it didn't really bode well for the rest of the post.

Is there any possibility that Lockdoctor could be persuaded to stop using the word 'democratic'. The democratic people, democratic vote, democratic decision, democratic elections etc., or would he think I am being undemocratic?

I couldn't read any further than this. Given that this opening line is based on a false premise, it didn't really bode well for the rest of the post.

Elaborate, tell us why they're wrong... if you can.

---------- Post added 15-07-2018 at 21:00 ----------

Is there any possibility that Lockdoctor could be persuaded to stop using the word 'democratic'. The democratic people, democratic vote, democratic decision, democratic elections etc., or would he think I am being undemocratic?

Herr Lockdoktor doesn't know what democratic means, to the point of suggesting the best course of action would be a military coup and dictatorship until he gets his way :loopy:

To sum up... I wouldn't hold your breath :hihi:

Elaborate, tell us why they're wrong... if you can.

EEC, different animal to the EU.

We can leave the EU and have a hard border . Simple.

Not simple though is it. That’s the problem.

---------- Post added 15-07-2018 at 21:15 ----------

Being in the EEA would mean there is still free movement of people. How on earth could the UK Government respect the referendum vote by signing up to the EEA? EEA is not for countries, who have democratically voted to leave the EU.

Free movement is not a problem if a country uses the tools available to it. We didn’t but EEA should make it much easier to do so.

---------- Post added 15-07-2018 at 21:17 ----------

you only need a handful of people who want a return to violence to start causing trouble but you only need a few people to start a cycle of violence

The paramilitary terrorist organisations in NI had numbers in low hundreds. The surest way to drive people back to that is economic crisis.

Edited by I1L2T3

EEC, different animal to the EU.

The EEC is the EU. It was renamed the European Community and incorporated into the EU in 1993 (when duty free ended!).

The EEC is the EU. It was renamed the European Community and incorporated into the EU in 1993 (when duty free ended!).

So did people get a vote on this change ? It all snowballed from the common market which primarily was for trading ,to the giant organisation ,with many arms , that it is today

The democratic people?

What does that even mean?

So did people get a vote on this change?

Yes.

Through their elected representatives in Europe and through Commissioners appointed by their democratically elected representatives in Westminster.