Administrator issue.

I have copied some photos from another pc on our network and I would like to delete some of them but when I try too it says I must get administrators permission. How do I do that? Please.

Mine is a windows 10 and the other is a windows 7.

I suspect it will be a file permission issue. Enable read write of the files on the machine being copied from then it should work. If you have ever dual booted two different Windows on one PC and tried to access your same user from newer Windows you will get a permissions warning and to click on 'continue to get permanent access. ;)

Cheers for that and I will try it out the next time I use the other PC.

---------- Post added 13-08-2018 at 08:33 ----------

Have tried it but still no joy so I will just bury my head in the sand and forget about them. Thanks anyway.

Did you check the properties of the files? ;)

Yes and still no joy.

I will have a go at that this evening,thanks.

---------- Post added 14-08-2018 at 20:21 ----------

Well I have tried all that everyone has suggested and I still can not get it to work. Thank you every one but I will just forget it.

You could always get a live version of Zorin running, browse to the files you want deleting and delete. ;)

Login as administrator, take ownership of the files as administrator (ensure that administrator has full permissions to the files) then you should have the ability to delete them.