Wigfalls van drivers

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield History & Expats

Reply To Topic

16-07-2017, 15:03   #21
Kidorry

Total Posts: 4,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobinfoot View Post
He was well cared for by people when he collapsed at that game.
What age was Willis when he died? I ask this because it may have been him in our class.I can remember once going to their house from school and their mother was frying eels that their dad had caught and she gave me a piece and it was great.
_______
A has been is better than a never will be.
17-07-2017, 13:31   #22
hobinfoot

Total Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidorry View Post
What age was Willis when he died? I ask this because it may have been him in our class.I can remember once going to their house from school and their mother was frying eels that their dad had caught and she gave me a piece and it was great.
Willis was born in 1937. My granddad loved fishing and Willis was the same. Granddad always brought fish home to be cooked. My grandma was a very good cook and if you did eat some eel then I'm not surprised you enjoyed it.
17-07-2017, 14:24   #23
gaz 786

Total Posts: 80
Quote:
Willis was born in 1937. My granddad loved fishing and Willis was the same. Granddad always brought fish home to be cooked. My grandma was a very good cook and if you did eat some eel then I'm not surprised you enjoyed it.
Would you happen to have a photograph of willis i seem to remember he had swept back curly hair and a big smile and alwaysvhad a cig on go bless him
17-07-2017, 16:47   #24
hobinfoot

Total Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz 786 View Post
Would you happen to have a photograph of willis i seem to remember he had swept back curly hair and a big smile and alwaysvhad a cig on go bless him
I've got a photo of Willis it looks like it's from the 50s. But I don't know if you can show it on SF.
17-07-2017, 17:00   #25
Kidorry

Total Posts: 4,527
Quote:
Yes we were born in the same year.I put my bad memory down to old age and poverty.
_______
A has been is better than a never will be.
Reply To Topic