Sylvesters Bar, Leopold Square, Now open.

So ... yet another faceless soulless bar with no identity for Sheffield city centre ... YAWN !

How can you know it's faceless/soulless/identityless if it's not open yet? :loopy:

So ... yet another faceless soulless bar with no identity for Sheffield city centre ... YAWN !

You really have no clue do you. You should think more before you post. Do you even know anything about it? (Have you been? Have you read about it? I don't think so..)

It's gonna be a piano bar (whatever one of those is) so it should be something different to the usual.

Good luck to the people running sylvesters. :thumbsup: It's always good to have people trying new things in the city. (Although I sometimes wonder why people bother when there's folks like carborundum who are so small minded that they've written it of before they even know anything about it:rant:)

I say that because Sheffield center has allowed rather oto many souless faceless bars to start up in recently - well at least the piano bit is different - I hope the computer that will no doubt be driving the piano keys ahs some interesting tunes cos dont expect a human to be doing it ..... why cant bwe have more places with character that are pubs not bars like th eBrown Bera for instance ?

I say that because Sheffield center has allowed rather oto many souless faceless bars to start up in recently - well at least the piano bit is different - I hope the computer that will no doubt be driving the piano keys ahs some interesting tunes cos dont expect a human to be doing it ..... why cant bwe have more places with character that are pubs not bars like th eBrown Bera for instance ?

- what are you on about.

Just like many people on here, slate something with no basis of fact what so ever.

... true, it's not even open, yet alone been built!

Because pubs are sh*t and past it...

And as for the bit about it being computer run etc, I don't think you should post libelous statements like that without having any basis for it. It's not even opened yet.

Oh, so this is the piano bar that the lady on the other thread was on about, the one near Hooters?

Carborundum, your cynicism is so tiresome & unfortunately all too often typical of our city. Sylvesters is locally owned & by all accounts will offer a different approach, not the usual west street bar formula.... at least go along before making your judgement

My understanding is that the aim is to run a high quality bar with a focus on an under-represented category of live music for like minded customers to enjoy.

This all adds up to more choice and diversity for the drinkers of Sheffield, which I welcome.

I disagree that we lack traditional pubs in the City Centre - there are still a few good ones left, such as the Bath Hotel, Red Deer, Red Lion, Rutland Arms, University Arms, Museum, Dog & Partridge and Three Tuns to name but a few!

I would also say there are a few bars in town that have taken the best of the old fashioned values and updated them - such as the Devonshire Cat, Sanctuary, Wig & Pen, Circle Bar and Dove & Rainbow.

Hey folks

I'm one of the 3 DJ's that will be playing at Sylvesters when its up and running. I can tell you that this is gonna be one hell of a trendy place, I say that because I've been in and seen it for myself and know what its going to be like.

There will be live music with a piano etc which is gonna be really cool and a great feel for the place. On Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays I'll be playing along with two other DJ's on rotation. We'll be playing the coolest funky soulful vocal house/old skool house classics and northen soul.

I welcome you all to the opening this Friday, so you can see for yourselves what a great place it is and a great addition to the Steel city.

Hope to see you all there:)