York rd /craven street Darnall

Please can anyone tell me the names of shops at top of roads ,think one sold leather items was it called Marriotts. Think one was lakings right on corner

Thanks

The C0-Op was next door to Marriots (or very close}

I cant remember the name of the fruit and veg shop just down from Lakins though

Also It's Craven Road ;-)

Edited by Dun graftin

A 1963 directory shows the Co-Op at 20, 24 and 28 Cravens Road. By 1970 "H. Marriott & Sons, leather merchants" were at No 24 with no mention of 20 and 28. "T.C. Abbis, greengrocer" is shown at 9 Cravens Road in the 1963 directory; in 1970 it was R. Bambridge.

Edited by hillsbro

Tom Abbiss's brother Jim ran a hardware shop next door with a dance school upstairs.Next to that was a cafe with a (then) illegal bookies upstairs.When betting shops were legalised the bookie bought the cafe and moved downstairs.

Mr Harry coleshill and mrs madge coleshill had a baby wear shop on craven road I think it is 105 or 109 it was a big shop at the corner I think it’s 60-70 if you remember it please message me and if you have a picture it would be fantastic thanks Luke