Sunday Lunch/Meal Recommendations

Anyone got any current recommendations for where is good for a meal on a Sunday afternoon. It doesn't have to be traditional roast. Its for a milestone birthday of a relative and i need to book somewhere in next few days. Looking for a restaurant or pub North or centre of Sheffield.:help:

Edited by nikki-red

Horns at Bradfield may fit the bill? Or The Fox House Inn near Holmfirth?

Nags Head at Loxley has never disappointed us-good food and beer. You'll have to book it (as with the Plough and Horns)

If you want more pub rather than bistro or restaurant then The Doctor's Orders is decent enough. They do trad roasts, but also a few specials and a restricted Sunday menu. Booking required because there aren't that many tables and it does fill up.

The beers are excellent if that's your thing.

Made By Jonty is very good and located on Sharrowvale Road, you should make a booking first though as this place can be busy, they do wine and beer and prosecco too.

This thread is over 2 weeks old, given he said he had to book something "in the next few days" I think you are all a bit too late. And thats before you even pick up on the geographical locations of some of these suggestions.

This thread is over 2 weeks old, given he said he had to book something "in the next few days" I think you are all a bit too late. And thats before you even pick up on the geographical locations of some of these suggestions.

Fair enough re: timing, I didn't spot that.

Which of the suggestions do you feel are not to the north or central Sheffield?

Fair enough re: timing, I didn't spot that.

Which of the suggestions do you feel are not to the north or central Sheffield?

Sharrowvale Road certainly isnt.

The Doctors Orders is also questionable.

Edited by EmmaJones76

Went to the Pheasant Bar and Grill at Oughtibridge the other Sunday, what a pleasant surprise to what it used to be. All fresh cooked food none of the frozen stuff delivered there anymore like used to happen, all refurbished and friendly staff too.

please recommend place to go for sunday lunch tried dore grill but they are booked up till new year

Harlequin if you like a very good home cooked type Sunday lunch,   Pork or very rare Beef.  Like your mum makes, not delicate in any way but a really good feast! They also do a great veggie option and have about 20 different ciders.

The food at the barrel in the Peaks  is excellent and they do  a  Sunday lunch,  a bit of a trek though.